PRS parts on a Strat?

_pete_

• Members

I had the left over PRS trem from my Singlecut and put in on my parts Strat. It really works nicely on it. It's very smooth and coupled with a Graph Tech nut, it stays in tune pretty well. Some roller string trees would help it out though.

The other parts in this one are Lawrence L200 pups, GFS Neovin preamp, CBS style neck w/22 frets, and a completely unkown body. I can't recall for the life of me where it came from.

020.jpg

023.jpg

024.jpg

002-1.jpg

• Members

Love that body color.

Nicely Done...

How are you liking the Lawrence pups?

So far I like them a lot. I haven't spent a whole lot of time with this guitar but I'll mess with it some this weekend.

The pups have a great traditional Strat tone with no noise. The bridge pup does not have any icepick overtones either.

With the preamp, it can go from Strat to almost humbucker sound with a turn of the knob.

• Members

This UFO knobs look great on that too...

I would not typically think of them going on a strat but the look great

I like 'em too.

I wanted it to be a bit different and I was only using parts I had that were leftover from other projects.

• Members

Looks like that guitar has a couple screws loose
:)

Yeah, the guitar used to have a Floyd so there is no wood to screw into to the right of the bridge.

The guitar also had a 3 way toggle in the upper cutaway and that took out some wood there.

• Members

Its a HFS. I really dug it in my friends PRS, and I really diggin it in my Strat.

The HFS gets a lot of flack but I love that pup.

I was playing my CE24 yesterday and had forgotten how good that guitar sounded.

I think I'm gonna start searching for an HFS for my SE Singlecut now. It sounds good with the Tonerider in it but tonally the CE just kicks it's ass.

• Members

I think I'm gonna start searching for an HFS for my SE Singlecut now. It sounds good with the Tonerider in it but tonally the CE just kicks it's ass.

Yeah, they're awesome sounding imo.

I just put a Vintage bass in my SZ as well, I'm liking it a lot

• Members

Definitely gets that nice '80s hot humbucker sound!

• Members

Damn Pete, that thing is hot!

Thanks!

It aint bad for a cheap POS.

I put it together mainly for recording but it's very well suited for a couple tunes the band does that are in drop D so I think I'll use for those two songs.

Before I use it live it will need roller trees and a set of locking tuners will help also. It stays in tune pretty well now but I'm obsessive about tuning.

• Members

looks great with the prs bridge. the gfs neovin preamp sounds like a cool gadget.

It was a cheap experiment.

It's noisy when cranked up but I guess that's to be expected.

It has no boost when turned down, 12db boost at the middle detent, and 25db full up.

It has adjustable bass, mid, and treble but you can only adjust it with the pickguard off. I just set it flat.

Archived