Why is cream white pearloid pickgaurd material so expensive.

Lump

• Members

I've got a clown burst Agile 3000 wide that I really love the way it plays and sounds, but just can't stand the looks. I've never liked binding and the white pickup rings are just fugly. I decided that maybe I could class it up a bit with a custom pickgaurd. I can't see moving away from the cream look just because nothing would really match the binding and look....harmonious. Figured maybe I could use the cream gaurd that it came with and use that as a base template (so everything lines up correctly) and maybe change the look of it, maybe like a miniture version of a Taylor acoustic pickgaurd using cream white pearloid.

Dang the only sheet I can seem to find it around 45 bucks. GFS has blanks of just about everything but cream pearloid for around 11 bucks. Is cream harder to make, i just don't see it aroud much. White pearloid really wouldn't work, to bright, it would match the binding.

• Members

I appriciate that link!!! Nice. I'm going to pass on the one your have clubber, I want to try and do something a little different than the standard. I've got a couple of ideas for the gaurd to try and make it a little more distinct and less like a Les Paul rip off. The link listed above should be enough to be able to do the back covers also.

Archived