I must have been under a rock for awhile. A $3000 Epi??

Frets99

• Members

I thought that too, BUT . . . it's made in the US at the Gibson factory in Nashville (for what that's worth).

They couldn't very well but a Gibson logo on a design that was an Epiphone original from the early 60's, so they reissued it as an Epiphone but actually built in the US by Gibsion.

Now, all that said, it's still WAY too much money :).

• Members
The special is hawt.

Comes in TVY too!

686773.jpg

Although, iirc there has been some discussion hereabouts on how close the color is to a Gibson nitro TV Yellow, since it's no doubt a poly finish.

I'd be all over the TVY version like white one rice if I didn't already have this'un:

207025704_4ce5ab591f_o.jpg

The cheapskate in me can't see selling off the Schecter just to get a more trad body shape.

• Members

I prefer having my pups a littel closer together to capture more midrange and did that purposly on my latest build.

I prefer Mini Humbuckers over P90s though. The second guitar I owned was a 60s Epiphone Riveria. If I had the money, I'd buy one in a second. I bought a Dot about 10 years ago and it doenst come anywhere close. Epiphone used to make great guitars, in many ways as good or better than Gibson especially for their semihollow and acoustic guitars. Unfortunately, Gibson made them their budget line for many years now and that will be a tough obsticle to get over.

Its not any different than Fender having the squire line though. I've played some squiers that were simply fenders with a squier label tatooed on. I've also owned fenders from the 70s that were bigger a POS than some squiers are now.

Same goes for Gibsons. I owned a Gibson S1 which was like a $300 guitar new and was a cross between a Gibson and Fender. Cheap frets that wore out quick made me get rid of it. Not a bad guitar, but its more of an Epi line vs the Gibson.

Still you get what you pay for if you shop wisely. When it gets above a certain dollar amount, I'd definately want a major brand for resale purposes. That Epi will likely be unsellable on the used market for anything close to retail unless they get some famous musicians to make it popular by to playing it.

Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesnt.

I saw Jimi Page playing a top of the line Dan Electro that was god awful out of tune. It didnt make me want to run out and buy one nor think the guitar was built any better than they are out of masonite.

Archived