Anybody else get tickets to see Waters?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I have been thinking about this...

I saw one of the rare original US shows at Nassau Coliseum back in the day.

It would be nice to see it with my oldest

Wow, I would have loved to catch the original tour, but I was a baby. What did you think?

• Members

It was amazing..

Honestly amazing. I wonder if the production will be as big this time around or if it will just be the music.

I've heard it will be a similar stage show. From the seating layouts on the various venues' websites that seems right. The stage is pushed the to floor end with sides and back blocked off. If it was just a typical arena show I'm sure they'd be selling the {censored}ty seats around the side and back of the stage, or have a 360 setup centered in the venue. Even if it's a toned down version of the original stage show I'll be happy. Actually I would have settled for a good quality video release of the original show. :lol:

• Members

My brother and I are going, mainly to be able to say "we've seen all** of Pink Floyd live" (Gilmour-era Floyd in 1990, Waters this year). I'm still reeling from the ticket prices -- $250 per ticket and the seats aren't even on the floor. If I tried selling them, I doubt I'd break even. :cry:

And I turned down seeing McCartney because I thought it would be too much money. :idk:

** Excepting Syd, obviously

• Members

I was sooooooooo excited to go, until I saw the price. Just can't pull the trigger on seats that expensive, even for a once in a lifetime thing.

My friend said that the price puts a damper on things, changes the tone of the show to: "See Roger Waters - rich people only!"

• Members

Based on the Live Aid Reunion I was under the impression that Roger can't sing anymore. What I heard was pretty croaky. So what is he going to do lip sync or have someone else do it?

What I really mean is what are we going to do next? Dig up Poe to recite poetry just for the greenbacks?

• Members

I was sooooooooo excited to go, until I saw the price. Just can't pull the trigger on seats that expensive, even for a once in a lifetime thing.

My friend said that the price puts a damper on things, changes the tone of the show to: "See Roger Waters - rich people only!"

I don't know. Seems worth it to me but I'm a floyd freak. I've been thirsting to see the wall live since I was a kid. I paid 150 a piece for two tickets and the seats are decent though not great. Thing with this show is it's probably better a ways back from the stage anyhow.

• Members

My brother and I are going, mainly to be able to say "we've seen all** of Pink Floyd live" (Gilmour-era Floyd in 1990, Waters this year). I'm still reeling from the ticket prices -- $250 per ticket and the seats aren't even on the floor. I
f I tried selling them, I doubt I'd break even.
:cry:

And I turned down seeing McCartney because I thought it would be too much money.
:idk:

** Excepting Syd, obviously

Are you kidding me? They sold out insanely quick. I bet as it gets closer there will be enough people trying to buy available tickets that you could easily get what you paid and more.

• Members

Gilmour, Mason, and Wright are Pink Floyd.

I agree.

Band politics aside, I'm a big fan of solo roger too. Amused to death is one of my favorite records, ever.

Still should be a killer stage show. :thu:

• Members

I agree.

Band politics aside, I'm a big fan of solo roger too. Amused to death is one of my favorite records, ever.

Still should be a killer stage show.
:thu:

Sorry, didn't mean to piss on the thread! Enjoy the show, all who go.

• Members

Wow...$250 really?

I heard a rather long radio interview with Roger Waters by Jim Ladd around 2000 or so. In it he talked about 'other bands' and how wrong it was for them to charge such high ticket prices, and how bands got to the top because of their fans, and when they were at the top they should still try to please their fans, and not just their rich fans. I guess he forgot that.

• Members

Wow...$250 really?

I heard a rather long radio interview with Roger Waters by Jim Ladd around 2000 or so. In it he talked about 'other bands' and how wrong it was for them to charge such high ticket prices, and how bands got to the top because of their fans, and when they were at the top they should still try to please their fans, and not just their rich fans.
I guess he forgot that.

This isn't really your typical stage though. A road production of this show costs way more than a standard set up and play rock show. It's more of a theater piece with extra's and sets. For this I don't mind paying more than I would for other shows.

Actually in some perverse way it fulfills the subject matter of the lyrics. I'm sure roger finds an odd pleasures in that, aside from the paycheck. :lol:

• Members

Are you kidding me? They sold out insanely quick. I bet as it gets closer there will be enough people trying to buy available tickets that you could easily get what you paid and more.

I suppose you're right. I really didn't know what the demand would be for these shows. I guess it's much greater than I realized.

I was a little too young to go to the shows of The Wall in 1979-80, so this is my chance to see what likely won't be repeated by any of the former band.

I hope Waters puts a cracking band together.

• Members

I saw Waters with Doyle Bramhall II and Snowy White on guitars. There's a video of the tour. It was a great concert and excellent tour.

This time around, I wasn't willing to pay the high ticket prices when I suspect Waters voice is shot. Hopefully, a miracle happened and he can sing again. Have fun at the show! :thu:

• Members

My bro just told me G.E. Smith is one of the guitarists. Interesting choice.

I would have picked Robbie McIntosh, myself, but apparently he's under John Mayer's employment at the moment. That's a major shock. :eek: But a good career move for Robbie, though. :thu: