talk to me about bridges

jr_vw2

• Members

on guitars that is. I want new bridges for two of my Jackson's but I have never been bridge shopping before. they both have the same style bridge like this one. so whats a good upgrade that WONT break the bank? Thanks

Kelly.jpg

• Members
they feel very sloppy and loose, seems like there should be a better option out there.

Maybe just the same style bridge just higher quality.
:idk:

Fair enough. I think a better made version of that style would be best. Of course check and make sure you post to post distance is the same, but the tonepros stuff is quite nice.

• Members
How can they be loose when the string tension is against them.

I could be wrong but, I suspect the whole Tonepros thing is just hype. So what if a set screw holds the tailpiece to the stud. String tension already does that.

Maybe the adjustment screws are worn? :confused:

• Members

Both guitars are new. And it seems like the actual adjustment screws themselves are very loose in the body (not the pressed in inserts). Then the bridge is way sloppy on those studs. Yes the string tension does hold everything still but every time I change strings it seems like the bridge gets held down in a slightly different place so evey string change my intonation is off. All around they just have a very cheap feel to them.

• Members

Both guitars are new. And it seems like the actual adjustment screws themselves are very loose in the body (not the pressed in inserts). Then the bridge is way sloppy on those studs. Yes the string tension does hold everything still but every time I change strings it seems like the bridge gets held down in a slightly different place so evey string change my intonation is off. All around they just have a very cheap feel to them.

That's the nature of the beast. Don't take all the strings off at once if you don't want the bridge to move. Any replacement you put on there is going to do the same thing unless you buy one of those silly Tone-Pro bridges.

Archived