Carvin guitars are awkward looking

Viperdc

• Members

They make very good instrument. No doubt about that. But their guitars look plain awkward. Weird pickup look. Ugly headstock. Strange burst.

Am I the only one thinking Carvins are good instrument but awkward looking?

• Members

I'm gonna shock the world with this one.. I agree! Carvin makes some models that I find to be just plain wrong looksing. Here are a few:

v220-main.jpg

That body + that headstock is just odd to me..

dc6-main.jpg

That body, well, sucks..

hf2s-main.jpg

I know it's sposta be a great guitar, but it's so weird looking..

sh250-main.jpg

Same here..

But, perhaps the most hideous, {censored}ed up thing I've ever seen out of Carvin is this thing:

sb4000-main.jpg

If that's not a facepalm, I don't know what is..

So while I do love and adore the Carvins I own, I'll be the first to admit that they can certainly make some stupid/awkward looking stuff as well.

• Members

They make very good instrument. No doubt about that. But their guitars look plain awkward. Weird pickup look. Ugly headstock. Strange burst.

Am I the only one thinking Carvins are good instrument but awkward looking?

Come on now. Every single guitar they make looks ugly? The entire brand line over the decades of their existence? Admit that you look like an ass/troll with a statement like that.

• Members

There are headstocks in the world that are perfectly hideous, but I've NEVER seen one so bad it would stop me from playing an otherwise great guitar. :idk:

I like a headstock to be nicely shaped, but I swear the emphasis people put on the shape of that ONE part (not to mention the name :p), seems way out whack to me ...

• Members

A little troll-ish maybe, but I have to agree. He didn't say "carvins are {censored}in gay as {censored} guitar looks"

Basically, most don't look like your average fender/gibson. To me, awkward looking is a suitable phrase. Not that strats and lps are the only good lookin gits, they're just more iconic and familiar, thus carvins seem a lil weird. That, and I don't care for naturals or bursts.

Never really messed with one though, heard nothing but good things..... well, until now, heh.

• Members

But, perhaps the most hideous, {censored}ed up thing I've ever seen out of Carvin is this thing:

sb4000-main.jpg

If that's not a facepalm, I don't know what is..

So while I do love and adore the Carvins I own, I'll be the first to admit that they can certainly make some stupid/awkward looking stuff as well.

Actually that looks pretty cool to me..lol..

• Members

carvinspalted2008-storypic.jpg

I don't like their Tele-esc bodies. The contour in the body at the end is just unnecessary. The individual coil tap switches is also unnecessary. Just use push/pull pots.

They did solve the issue with the pointy headstock on a rounded body. The headstock is rounded to match the body.

• Members

I don't like their Tele-esc bodies. The contour in the body at the end is just unnecessary. The individual coil tap switches is also unnecessary. Just use push/pull pots.

They did solve the issue with the pointy headstock on a rounded body. The headstock is rounded to match the body.

That's not their tele body actually. That's the Holdsworth body. Their tele is the TL-60, and it looks perfectly "tele".

• Members

A little troll-ish maybe, but I have to agree. He didn't say "carvins are {censored}in gay as {censored} guitar looks"

Basically, most don't look like your average fender/gibson. To me, awkward looking is a suitable phrase. Not that strats and lps are the only good lookin gits, they're just more iconic and familiar, thus carvins seem a lil weird. That, and I don't care for naturals or bursts.

Never really messed with one though, heard nothing but good things..... well, until now, heh.

This is your explanation right there - they don't look like the classic designs that we've al been conditioned to like over the past 60 years, so they look "awkward". Most of their designs are imho perfectly fine, perhaps not future classics, but they're good designs. We're just conditioned to like different designs.

Archived