fender blues jr vs bugera V22

stewiesguitar

• Members

The V22 has more than enough swat for playing out. Sometimes I wish I could turn mine up more but having that master volume makes it a little easier to live with the times that I can't crank it.

After the speaker broke in and I put different tubes in it 6 months ago it has been sounding real good ever since. I only swapped tubes because the stock ones weren't that great and didn't last long. No worries though because that's what happens with tube amps anyway.

My vote is for the Bugera.

• Members

The V22 has more than enough swat for playing out. Sometimes I wish I could turn mine up more but having that master volume makes it a little easier to live with the times that I can't crank it.

After the speaker broke in and I put different tubes in it 6 months ago it has been sounding real good ever since. I only swapped tubes because the stock ones weren't that great and didn't last long. No worries though because that's what happens with tube amps anyway.

My vote is for the Bugera.

even on triode mode which is supposed to be around 13 watts, I still can't crank it as much as I'd like to in most of the venues I play. In pentode mode (full 22 watts) forget it! I use it in triode about 90% of the time. Only time I can use it in pentode is outdoor gigs.

• Members

Two fine choices. In the same price range I'd also check out the Peavey Classic 30 (used) or Peavey Bandit. Sure the Bandit is solid state but if you want a more modern higher gain tone or higher clean headroom, it rocks. Classic 30 is a wonderful amp and nearly legendary at this point. GC also carries the Blues Jr, next time your in there check it out...

• Members

Two fine choices. In the same price range I'd also check out the Peavey Classic 30 (used) or Peavey Bandit. Sure the Bandit is solid state but if you want a more modern higher gain tone or higher clean headroom, it rocks. Classic 30 is a wonderful amp and nearly legendary at this point. GC also carries the Blues Jr, next time your in there check it out...

The classic 30 is a great amp. But, I sold mine after buying the bugera. It's not as versatile and tended to rattle quite a bit and get farty when I would push it.

That said, right after I sold mine I saw another one on sale for 50 bucks less than I sold mine for and was very tempted to buy it just because it's a good amp.

All things being equal though, I'd still pick the V22 over it.

Archived