Fuchs Valve Job pedal. Tell me about them! Was I just drunk or...

guitarman3001

• Members

...is this an amazing sounding pedal? I took a small vacation this weekend and went into a bar. There was a duo playing there. One guy playing electric guitar, the other guy singing, and the bass and drums and keys/horns/etc...were on tracks. They were playing blues and R&B.

The guitar player had one of the smoothest sweetest lead tones I've ever heard. He was playing a les paul through a fender twin reverb. I walked up to the stage and checked out his pedalboard and he was using a pedal I've never heard of, a fuchs valve job.

Is this really as good a pedal as it sounded to me or had I had one too many tequila shots?

• Members

few-ks

always hard to tell with names. the german Fuchs (Fox) is inded pronounced 'fooks' (stop giggling!) with shorter 'oo'-sound, stressing the 'f' and not the 'oo' , but since he's an american, who knows?

also, 99,9% pronounce 'Moog' incorrectly... :)

• Members

Haven't played the Valve Job, but have played the Plush Drive and the Pure Gain, as well as a couple Fuchs amps (ODS and Train 45). The Pure Gain is the best boost pedal I've ever played - expensive but completely transparent, and just adds the perfect amount of girth and grit. I wasn't as big of a fan of the Plush Drive - great smooth lead tones with HB-equipped guitars, but wasn't as good for rhythm playing (a bit TOO fat/compressed) or single coil guitars. The amps are incredible, definitely some of the best out there, and top-notch quality. I'm dying for an ODS but it doesn't make sense for an apartment.

From what I understand the Valve Job is similar to the Plush Drive but is valve-based. Not sure how that affects things, but it's definitely going after the Dumble (or the ODS) smooth lead tone. So similar to a ZenDrive et al. in the pedal world. It's definitely a unique voice. Those types of pedals tend to pair well with Fender amps.

Archived