found another nice MIJ Fender...

zenbu

• Members

(edit^^^ didn't think about maple! It does look like it could be)

Nice Zenbu. What year is it?

Is that SEN ash? I always notice a lot of those old aria's grecos, fenders etc..have that sen ash with the very tight grain. That looks like it could be either.

• Moderators

Nice Zenbu. What year is it?

Is that SEN ash? I always notice a lot of those old aria's grecos, fenders etc..have that sen ash with the very tight grain. That looks like it could be either.

I've seen a few maple bodied Tele's from older Japanese brands, but not on a Fender. Theres a lot of similarity between the heel of that neck and the neck pocket is what makes me think it maybe a maple body

• Members

I think it`s sen because it has characteristics of other MIJs I have made from the wood...white-ish/silvery streaks in the grain...though figured sen is not common, at least I don`t see it much. I know they used a lot of sen, in fact it was popular with other Japanese builders too. I like it, it can be very beautiful...I have an early `80s Greco strat that has a 1 piece sen body, gorgeous.

• Members

I think it`s sen because it has characteristics of other MIJs I have made from the wood...white-ish/silvery streaks in the grain...though figured sen is not common, at least I don`t see it much. I know they used a lot of sen, in fact it was popular with other Japanese builders too. I like it, it can be very beautiful...I have an early `80s Greco strat that has a 1 piece sen body, gorgeous.

And is the tone pretty much like swamp ash, or is it unique?

• Members

not sure of the year...I guess the `80s decade but I could be wrong...no pencil date...might be early `90s. Has an E9 serial. Played it a bit last night...the bridge pup really twangs, clear and sparkly...neck p`up is very smooth and creamy...tone pot has a very gradual decrease...nice `cause in the middle position it can really help define either of the p`ups by rolling one or the other up in volume...not sure if that makes sense, not really adept at describing what my guitars sound like...they`re either sound good or bad, or maybe it`s just the way I play on any given day.

Archived