New Pedal Day & Review

jrockbridge

• Members

I just got my Suhr Riot pedal today. It lives up to the hype. It turns a clean tube amp into a high gain tone machine. Even with an amp set at low volume, it sounds very good. It doesn't sound like a typical pedal. It sounds like a high gain amp. This pedal has so much gain that I could not imagine ever turning the pedal above noon. But, then again, I'm more of a mild gain fan.

When I was a noob, I bought a Metal Zone MT-2. I had fun with it, but I became aware that it sounded artificial and not the least bit transparent. So, I sold it. But, I promised myself I'd get another Metal voiced pedal if I ever found one that sounded real. This is it!

So far, I tested the Riot through a Blackheart Little Giant mini stack with amp set clean, volume low and in 3 watt mode. I also tested it through a Valvetech Amplifier Company Hayseed 15 Head set clean > Dr Z Airbrake attenuator > Celestion Alnico Blue 112 cab. It sounded great through both setups. :thu:

suhrriot.jpg

[YOUTUBE]V9Z1Yti-5WY[/YOUTUBE]

The tone changes when he turns down the guitar volume knob at 2:18...

[YOUTUBE]Feyne-dQxjg[/YOUTUBE]

• Members

So you're saying it's better than a Metal Zone?

Yeah. Shocker! :D

The quality of the Suhr Riot pedal is along the lines of an Analogman King Of Tone dual OD. But, the Riot is a completely different animal. I just compared an apple to an orange....happy? ;)

Archived