The problem with MSRP

CoqBelliqueux

• Members
  • Members

/Hi interest in Heritage. Is this the 650$ model you're selling or another one? thankx!!

/I'm sorry but prestige doesn't have a $650. guitar.the heritage standard goes for $1450. plus taxes...go yo prestigeguitars.com and click on heritage standard....the pic that comes up is exactly mine,dame color...butch

/Cool, is that MSRP or retail, i thought i saw same on ebay sorry

/that's retail,the guitar has been set up by my luthier but has never been played,I don't play,only collect...the guitar is in a smoke free house

• Members

A few more questions before I ask you kindly to remove your ad. What is the serial number of the Prestige, where was it bought, for how much, since when have you had it? Would you kindly tell me the name of your luthier as well and what kind of setup he did on it. Was there a problem on the guitar?

Thanks a bunch, butch

• Members

Are you {censored}ing serious?

Yes. What business is it of yours? If he wants to ask $900 why would you get your panties in a wad? Don't buy it. The price that he sells for is determined by him and the buyer, not you or anybody else. If he's asking too much, it won't sell.

• Members

Yes. What business is it of yours? If he wants to ask $900 why would you get your panties in a wad? Don't buy it. The price that he sells for is determined by him and the buyer, not you or anybody else. If he's asking too much, it won't sell.

The fact that you don't care about someone trying to take advantage of others bothers me a little. Not panties in a wad, but a little.

The world is about more than money and guitars, dumb{censored}.

• Members

The fact that you don't care about someone trying to take advantage of others bothers me a little. Not panties in a wad, but a little.

What are you going to do? Price check the whole internet? The way the free market works is somebody puts an item out there and names his price. It either sells or it doesn't. Welcome to the world. I would hope that somebody looking for that guitar would do a basic price check before forking over $900. If they don't, it's not your responsibility to save them from themselves.

If somebody advertises a Chinese copy as a Gibson, I'm all for stepping in, but in this case the guy's being honest about what he has and hoping for a lucky sale. Not your concern.

My only issue with his ad is he's calling it new, when clearly it isn't.

• Members

What are you going to do? Price check the whole internet? The way the free market works is somebody puts an item out there and names his price. It either sells or it doesn't. Welcome to the world. I would hope that somebody looking for that guitar would do a basic price check before forking over $900. If they don't, it's not your responsibility to save them from themselves.

If somebody advertises a Chinese copy as a Gibson, I'm all for stepping in, but in this case the guy's being honest about what he has and hoping for a lucky sale. Not your concern.

:thu:

• Members

+1, you are out of line on this one CB - or at least failing to see GCDEF's position. And, you lose points for name calling. :cop:

• Members

Yeah, but it's not your job to decide whats right and wrong

• Members

You missed my point, but if it's any consolation to you, I told him what you told me, so that should make him happy.

I still don't understand why you don't care that someone wants to take advantage of others. The malevolent intention is way worse than a few hundred dollars. Well, for me, I mean. 8th circle of Hell, be afraid.

• Members

+1, you are out of line on this one CB - or at least failing to see GCDEF's position. And, you lose points for name calling.
:cop:

Meh, I don't do it very often anymore.

By the way, seeing his point is the easiest thing in the world, that's how the world functions. My point is that you can expect better than this.

• Members

You missed my point, but if it's any consolation to you, I told him what you told me, so that should make him happy.

I still don't understand why you don't care that someone wants to take advantage of others. The malevolent intention is way worse than a few hundred dollars. Well, for me, I mean. 8th circle of Hell, be afraid.

I don't see it that he's trying to take advantage of others. He's telling you what he has and how much he wants. It's up to you to decide if you want to pay it. He's not lying. He's not holding a gun to your head. He's not holding your sister hostage.

I can't find any brick and mortar dealers for that guitar, so for somebody that doesn't want to or can't use ebay, there's a chance to see one in person before you buy. Besides, you could always show him the auction and make him an offer.

• Members

I don't see it that he's trying to take advantage of others. He's telling you what he has and how much he wants. It's up to you to decide if you want to pay it. He's not lying. He's not holding a gun to your head. He's not holding your sister hostage.

I can't find any brick and mortar dealers for that guitar, so for somebody that doesn't want to or can't use ebay, there's a chance to see one in person before you buy. Besides, you could always show him the auction and make him an offer.

Like "Sorry m'am, shouldn't have been had" or something? :confused:

That's pretty sad. Oh well. I guess you're all happy like that.

I must be difficult. ;)

• Members

I intended this to be about crazy high MSRPs that open up the door to all kinds of nonsense, but oh well.
:facepalm:
to me

It was until you posted your harassing emails to the guy. You came off as holier than thou when you said you were going to ask him to take down his ad, as if he should care what you think. Why do you care what the name of his luthier is?

• Members
It was until you posted your harassing emails to the guy. You came off as holier than thou when you said you were going to ask him to take down his ad, as if he should care what you think. Why do you care what the name of his luthier is?

Well no picture plus alleged setup plus crazy price sounds like BS to me. I was surprised he didn't mention "for shipping only". Why would anyone post such an ad if they're legit? :confused:

• Members

Well no picture plus alleged setup plus crazy price sounds like BS to me. I was surprised he didn't mention "for shipping only". Why would anyone post such an ad if they're legit?
:confused:

So now you think he doesn't really have the guitar? I thought this was about price. :confused:

Of all the scams and shenanigans out there on the internet, this seems like a really strange one - if you can even call it a scam - to get yourself worked up about. Why don't you go after the shady contractors who pray on the elderly? How about the old men who prey on kids in chat rooms? How about the Nigerian banking scams? Why worry about somebody who's asking a little more than the going rate for a guitar? I don't get it.

• Members

So now you think he doesn't really have the guitar? I thought this was about price.
:confused:

Of all the scams and shenanigans out there on the internet, this seems like a really strange one - if you can even call it a scam - to get yourself worked up about. Why don't you go after the shady contractors who pray on the elderly? How about the old men who prey on kids in chat rooms? How about the Nigerian banking scams? Why worry about somebody who's asking a little more than the going rate for a guitar? I don't get it.

I found this whole thing very confusing, price, allegations, even how nice the guy nice was. Maybe I just felt like getting worked up over this. I don't know much about these other "scams". But I'll look into them.

• Members

I found this whole thing very confusing, price, allegations, even how nice the guy nice was. Maybe I just felt like getting worked up over this. I don't know much about these other "scams". But I'll look into them.

Thanks be to God! We have all been waiting for the internet police to arrive, now he is here.

:rolleyes:

• Members

He's not taking advantage of anyone asshole. He's asking a price for his item. Period. "value" and "worth" are ambiguous at best and are determined by the seller and the buyer (the market) You are a {censored}ing asshole. How do you know he didn't pay 1200.00 for the thing or maybe 1000 and the 900/800 he is asking for is an "acceptable loss" for him? How do you {censored}ing know what he paid for these? Go un{censored} yourself.

Archived