In the future guitar tuning problems will be a thing of the past!

Frets99

• Members

and btw, didn't gibson already come out with something like this on the robot guitars?

Not really. The robot guitars tune when you tell them to if I'm not mistaken. This thing (theoretically) just doesn't go out of tune period or that's how they represent it anyway.

That said, I think it has a LONG way to go before it's ready for prime time, and the tone from the guitar in that video makes me want to vomit, in fact, I think I will, excuse me a moment. . . . .

Ah, much better.

• Members
I don't understand how you could bend strings with this system
:confused:

Good point unless it doesn't respond quickly enough. Can still bend strings with a floyd but you have the tension of the springs in relation to the other strings keeping it a bit more locked in position but you can still see the tremolo move upwards when bending require that you over bend beyond what you would with a stop tailpiece.

• Members

I don't understand how you could bend strings with this system
:confused:

In the video they showed how you crank the tuner right to the point where the string begins to go sharp. The problem I see is that's where I would like to have it, but since it's right at the edge of the spring compensation realm, the guitar could naturally go out of tune sharp.

• Members

60+ years of rock and roll and we never needed this before...part of the whole thing about playing an instrument is adapting as you go- if a classical musician doesn't need it for his cello, then I don't think we need it for a plank of wood with some magnets and wires...:idk:

Archived