HNGD!!!! Woohoo!!! My non strat strat dream's come alive!!!! :)

Les Paul Lover

• Members

:D

Haven't stopped playing it all day, what a guitar!!! I'm really really pleased with that one!!!!

Changed the strap button to strap locks, took a picture of the brass casing on the way. Just can't believe how thought about this guitar has been, all the same details that do matters have been taken care of:

Strapplug.jpg

And darn, flamed maple is difficult to photograph, but I shan't be faulted for trying.....

neckflame.jpg

• Members

Vigier is known as a super high end small builder in France. When LAG guitars were still small 15 years ago, they (almost) competed with Vigier for the "boutique" market of high end electrics but LAG took a wrong turn and looked for profit lowering their quality and offering budget stuff and basically got lost. Vigier never lost its way and remains the serious option for a real seriously good guitar.

Comparing it to a run-of-the-mill Fender american standard strat is not going to make the Fender look very good... not really comparable, actually.

• Members

Vigier is known as a super high end small builder in France. When LAG guitars were still small 15 years ago, they (almost) competed with Vigier for the "boutique" market of high end electrics but LAG took a wrong turn and looked for profit lowering their quality and offering budget stuff and basically got lost. Vigier never lost its way and remains the serious option for a real seriously good guitar.

Comparing it to a run-of-the-mill Fender american standard strat is not going to make the Fender look very good... not really comparable, actually.

Still doesn't make me like Guitarpart's guy's funky rainbow guitar. Mec sympathique, quand m

• Members
FELICITATIONS !!!!
:love:

How is it getting along with the Rockerverb? A match made in Heaven?

Yeap - just another one!!!!!! :wave:

It sounds amazing! Switching from the les paul to the expert and vice versa makes for quite a contrast!!!!!
Both have their own things going and their own limitations - it's nice to have more variety now!

Kate doesn't understand!!!!! :lol:

How are you pascal? How's life where you are? Can you step outside during the afternoon or is it too hot already???? ;)

• Members
How are you pascal? How's life where you are? Can you step outside during the afternoon or is it too hot already????
;)

Work is keeping me busy but I am fine, thanks. :)
Stepping outside is still OK, as long as you don't take too many steps. These days daily lows = 28C, daily highs = 42C. In the shade, of course.
I'm hoping to take some time off in July to get some cooler temps in Europe.

What's up job-wise, on your side? Did you just spend your redundancy money or celebrate your new job?

• Members

Do the Vigiers without truss rods keep stable over time? IIRC the Modulus Genesis series basses have stability problems after several years, and I know that Modulus' all-graphite-neck Quantum series basses started having truss rods installed about 10 years ago because of this issue as well.

• Members

^^^

No idea, you'd have to ask me again in ten years!!!! :lol:

I'm seriously hoping it will be fine because the guarantee is for 2 years only I think!!! From an engineering point of view, seeing the size of the carbon piece, I'd think it'll stay the way it is, I mean, 10% of the neck is carbon, it's quite a chunk.

It's not a bass either, and so is subjected to much less tension than a bass would be.

Vigier makes a lot of basses too, and I don't think their basses have a truss rod - and so assume their system works?

• Members

^^^^^

:lol:

Don't you worry, the world is full of people with atrocious tone!!!! :lol:

Edit:

Ah, Jkater, you posted too fast! I meant to reply to CB just above you!!!!

Yeah, they say their wood is dried for at least 3 years, though I think they are using 7 years dried stocks at the moment.

TBH, the more I think about it, considering all the features of the guitar, the more I think I murdered & raped the shop that sold it to me.... :idk:

Though I didn't force them to sell it to me - it took them a lot of thinking but they accepted close to my offer. :)

Archived