HNGD!!!! Woohoo!!! My non strat strat dream's come alive!!!! :)

Les Paul Lover

• Members

I gave in. Succumbed. Well, I didn't resist all that much either..... :)

I'd been looking for a strat for a while, I was pretty decided on USA standard strat until I tried that beauty. Lovely bell like ring on the higher strings, twang aplenty on the lower strings, but also has loads of warmth, something not strat I compared it to could offer.

Without any further delay, Let me introduce my brand new Vigier Expert Retro 54:badump::

Fullexpert.jpg

It's very much classic in shape, but has loads of lovely modern features that really make that guitar stand out:

- insaned flamed neck - really just lovely ooooooh so lovely:

Neck.jpg

Neckside.jpg

- No truss rod - instead you got a carbon insert that means your neck will never budge! :thu: (Oh, the lovely flamed neck......:sto:)

Backofneck.jpg

- Zero fret - if it's on it I guess it's got to be cool, hasn't it???? :rolleyes:

Headstock.jpg

• Members

- Oversized locking tuners:

Backofheadstock.jpg

- Vibrato/tremolo is mounted on ball bearings, and rolling saddle for tuning stability!!!!!!

Tremolo-vibrato.jpg

All in all a lovely piece of kit, i'm incredibly pleased with it. :D

The pick ups are di marzio virtual vintage DP401 neck & middle & DP402 bridge. They sort of sit in between the usa standard and the texas special, though mentioning the texas special is probably missleading as they are not anything like them really. Oh, and noiseless pick ups. :)

:whisper:Can I have some boobies now?????? :o

• Members

Thanks a lot!!!

I'm disappointed that it was almost too sunny when I took the pictures - the flame on the neck doesn't quite show as it should, it's a shame!!!!!

Being a humbucker man, I'm still getting used to the amazing clarity and snap I get from that guitar - I'm very chuffed!!!!!

• Members
While I'm not kinlove with the body shape (upper bout..ick!) That thing looks super sold and i'd wager that she sounds/plays awesome, congrats.

Yeah, everytime one deviates from the classic strat shap it tends to raise eyebrows - I happen to like that one, quite lucky isn't it!?!?!?! :lol:

It does play amazingly. The neck especially is extremely easy to play, smooth and ever more accessible than a strat. It's weird. You'd think that with the lower cut away a strat or that one would have the same playability, but the higher fret access on that Vigier is even easier than on your regular strat.

:love:

• Members

Love everything about that Anth except the slightly ugly headstock, I didn't think you'd cave in so quickly:lol:

Thanx Sean!

I didn't like the headstock too much at first, but it's grown on me since I first saw it, quite like it now!!!

As to:

I didn't think you'd cave in so quickly

i take it that's sarcastic since it only took me 9 months of looking for it and 3 month of drooling on it before to proudly walk in that shop to haggle my price!!!! (I do like haggling!!!!)

How are you doing these days??? :wave:

• Moderators

As to: i take it that's sarcastic since it only took me 9 months of looking for it and 3 month of drooling on it before to proudly walk in that shop to haggle my price!!!! (I do like haggling!!!!)

You're obviously not English then:lol:

I'm currently doing well not caving in to a Schecter:facepalm:

3154628051.jpg

*MUST RESIST*:mad:

• Members
Dude, that has some sick features, congratulations!

lohan-boobs.jpg

It does rather have plenty of them hasn't it???
Graphite nut too, and the strap button are fixed in brass raw plug - so that your strap button never strips off. Clever, isn't it?

Ahem.....

That piccies you kindly posted... there's a leg at a rather weird angle in the back ground.... :confused:

Archived