NHRED

jack harper

• Members

New-Home-Recording-Equipment-Day

i-35-17-64-0-7302619E.jpg

Deets: http://www.tascam.com/products/dp-01fxcd.html

A buddy of mine from 2nd city is letting me hold on to this for him until I have no use for it.

Im still trying to figure out how to hook it up to my computer and edit the tracks and save them.:confused:

Sorry its not an Agile rules or Gibson blows thread but it looks to be a big step in the right direction for me to start recording some music.

Anyone have on of these? Anyone have any tips?

• Members

Yup. I usually just fill up the tracks and mixdown to the 'puter. Get teh manual, you can make a wav file of each track and save in a folder, desktop, whatever. I have taken wav file tracks on disc to another big pro-tools studio, and added to them on PT.

I have also filled all 8, mixed down to stereo, played back in via CD player, computer, whatever, and then added 6 more. I was gonna post an example, but soundclick is acting squirrely today....it's the Ashes track on my SC page.

• Members

Millions of loops, software, live drummers (submix a kit you'll be surprised) out there. Backing track websites....Only 2 tracks at ance, a drawback, but I like that it's brick-and-mortar too. Lots of good mic options, MXL's are good and cheap. I find a Shure PG48 sounds good on a guitar amp (20$ used). Have fun!

Archived