I have a hum problem

fuzzylogic220

• Members

ok I bought some new pedals so i was redoing my pedalboard, I had all my drives set up......great, no hum, then i went to power up my nova mod and delay. I just plugged them into the pp2, i didnt even have them in the chain yet and with a distortion or od pedal on i get some pretty significiant hum. Whats the deal?......do i need a noise gate??, I thought it was kinda weird that there was hum even when the delay and mod were not in the chain but just being powered by the pp2

• Members

I understand. But sometime putting too many pedals on the same crappy power supply will cause noise issues. Just try a different power supply option and see what happens. ie. put several pedals on batteries and only run a couple on your current power supply.

I still think its probably dc hum

• Members

no Florescent lights, tried another plug in that room, still hums.......i might try another room here in a bit. I have found out that when i plug either the nova delay or nova mod up with the wall wart power supply and leave the other connected to the pp2 then the hum stops......Which is dumb.... i refuse to get an extra power strip......thats why i bought the dang pp2 .......there has to be another way.......i will find one.

Archived