My mom is in the hospital and she's having surgery tommorow morning...

Edge11

• Members

Mojo sent. No need to stress - common procedure, happens all the time. Recovery period is about a week of pain, then another week of less pain. After that much better.

Thanks man.

btw about that cab you want why don't you build your own 1x12, it would be cheaper than buying one (assuming you have the time tools and a driver).

The 1x12 I can vouch for construction wise the the valve junior cav, but i switched out speakers.

• Members

hey man, i have just been through this process with my mother,, it will all be ok and cool but there is recovery time.. and its not great to see your parents in this sorta condition so weak, frail and stuff.. but it will all be ok... just make sure to encourage them on the recovery and how well its going...

MOjo Sent big bunches of it..

• Members

I had mine out a couple of years ago. Ashtray described it pretty well, althougbh pain is kind of a strong word. To me, it just felt like I'd done way too many situps. She'll be moving kind of slow for a week or two, but in six weeks or so she'll have forgotten all about it. It's not not nearly as scary as it used to be.

• Members

Had mine removed about 6 years ago. Stomach was extemely sore afterwards and the doc makes you cough as soon as you wake up to help clear your lungs from anethesia.......each cough felt like I was sucker punched. Having your stomach that sore is a bitch and I slept in a recliner the week after surgery as getting in and out of true lying position wasn't fun.

With that said, it's a very basic procedure....and it's not like they are having to repair some vital organ, just pulling a nasty gallbladder out.

• Members

It's worth it. The attacks are terrible and once it's gone, you'll never miss it.

they can be bad, but I usually don't get them because I know what to do. I don't eat fatty or greasy foods. there are certain specific foods that can set it off too, like apples or coffee. give me apples on a totally empty stomach and it's a death sentence (well, not literally).

my condition is sorta like a minor cramp in my side, all the time. that's how I best describe it in simple terms to the layperson. I live with it. it's only really bad if I have an actual attack which can be {censored}TY. when I get an attack I have difficulty breathing, the cramp and pain on my right side gets severe, and I get the shakes with it too. on some occasions add nausea on top of it. I think more people with gallbladder problems are mostly hit with the nausea aspect, but for me the pain/cramp/difficulty breathing are the major thing.

I'd certainly like to get it out sooner or later. I just hate the idea of surgery.

• Members

they can be bad, but I usually don't get them because I know what to do. I don't eat fatty or greasy foods. there are certain specific foods that can set it off too, like apples or coffee. give me apples on a totally empty stomach and it's a death sentence (well, not literally).

my condition is sorta like a minor cramp in my side, all the time. that's how I best describe it in simple terms to the layperson. I live with it. it's only really bad if I have an actual attack which can be {censored}TY.

that said I'd certainly like to get it out sooner or later. I just hate the idea of surgery.

Mine kind of reminded me of the scene in Alien where the alien baby was popping out of the guy's chest. That and I'd wake up with a sharp pain under my shoulder. I had a pretty constant feeling like I'd inhaled smoke too. Surgery isn't that bad and it's worth it not to have to worry about the attacks or worry about what you eat.

Archived