If you were trading a Les Paul Studio...

WGH

• Members

If you were trading a Studio and looking for something in single coils, what kinds of deals would you consider?

I searched completed ebay listings and it looks like a Highway 1 Strat and $300.00 wouldn't be unreasonable...but doesn't that seem a little out-of-line to you?

Any opinions are welcome.

• Members

It's like foreign currency. Convert everything to dollars then adjust. Gibson LP Studio Faded, mint with HSC = $700-ish? Maybe less. Hwy 1 Strat mint w/gig bag = $500 give or take.
Use ebay completed auctions as a guideline.

• Members

When I checked ebay, studios seemed to be all over the place...anywhere from $1100 to $600. Timing seemed to be more important than condition. This doesn't seem to be such a cut-and-dried deal as I thought it might be.

• Members

When I checked ebay, studios seemed to be all over the place...anywhere from $1100 to $600. Timing seemed to be more important than condition. This doesn't seem to be such a cut-and-dried deal as I thought it might be.

Much more clear cut than you think. You have to compare apples to apples. Search under Les Paul Studio faded and Les Paul Studio gothic. Only look at ones that actually SOLD. All of them between 600-711.

The ones going for $1000 are the gloss finishes. Click into a few and see. Completely different animal, or fruit, or whatever.

If you're trying to get your best deal, just like in the auto business, you're always best off selling for cash and then shopping hard to find the best deal. If you're just trying to get a deal done that's fair to everybody, do specific ebay searches to compare. I'd say assuming the HWY 1 Strat and your LP are in comparable condition $200 cash to you is a little slanted in your favor, $100-$150 is probably fair.

• Members

Much more clear cut than you think. You have to compare apples to apples. Search under Les Paul Studio faded and Les Paul Studio gothic. Only look at ones that actually SOLD. All of them between 600-711.

The ones going for $1000 are the gloss finishes. Click into a few and see. Completely different animal, or fruit, or whatever.

If you're trying to get your best deal, just like in the auto business, you're always best off selling for cash and then shopping hard to find the best deal. If you're just trying to get a deal done that's fair to everybody, do specific ebay searches to compare. I'd say assuming the HWY 1 Strat and your LP are in comparable condition $200 cash to you is a little slanted in your favor, $100-$150 is probably fair.

Mine isn't a faded model. I have a regular old studio with the fireburst finish. That's why it's tough for me to zero in on the fair market value.

For instance. an '08 wine red with case (same year as mine) sold for $1000 on May 20th. Same day, an white Alpine '07 goes for $750 and a natural '03 for $1299. The 19th had another white one, '05, go for $850.

Musiciansfriend sells one like mine for $1319...but then somebody sold a new one (ebay) on the 17th for $999.

Anyway, I'm sorting through various offers and I'm still having a tough time settling on a fair price.

Archived