Next weekend is Memorial Day weekend, so you know what THAT means...

cbh5150

• Members

...besides remembering what the holiday is supposed to stand for...

Yep, it's THAT time again - time to start speculating/reconning on what the "THE LIST" sale at GC is gonna bring us (and, of course, some other online goodies).

I KNOW, I know - it has been getting progressively less impressive over the last couple of years, but there's always hope...RIGHT???

• Members

I went to a GC today, as well as a daddies junky music. I didnt feel a single gas impulse in either joint. Ok, maybe I lusted after the Silverburst SG Standard for a second, until I noticed the missing toggle switch. No one in either store even knew what a g12h-30 was. I went to a local independent store, Parkway Music, and within 15 minutes bought a 50s tribute les paul studio(in honey burst) for $800. I do recognize that even while I celebrate a small victory over the corporate chains, I am still buying a guitar from the Evil Empire of Gibson, thus rendering it a bit hollow. But I digress, I'm with mrbrown, screw GC.

• Members

as much as i hate supporing the evil empire, they always seem to have the piece of gear i want to buy (which in this case is vintage gibson acoustics)- i don't know how the hell they track them down but they seem to get them all. I'll still check out both locations near me next weekend, but only cause i'm a whore- i'm hoping that i can get some speaker stands for a good price- $75 for a pair is just :freak:

• Members

I went to a GC today, as well as a daddies junky music. I didnt feel a single gas impulse in either joint. Ok, maybe I lusted after the Silverburst SG Standard for a second, until I noticed the missing toggle switch. No one in either store even knew what a g12h-30 was. I went to a local independent store, Parkway Music, and within 15 minutes bought a 50s tribute les paul studio(in honey burst) for $800. I do recognize that even while I celebrate a small victory over the corporate chains, I am still buying a guitar from the Evil Empire of Gibson, thus rendering it a bit hollow. But I digress, I'm with mrbrown, screw GC.

i tried to buy/order that same guitar from daddy's, but apparently they are no longer a Gibbo dealer - only used Gibsons there now. 20-something stores in new england and not a gibson dealer seems a bit strange. But i got one coming from down south for $715. :p

and yeah, im all set with gc....

• Members

I've given up on the in-store GC "sales", in recent years nothing of interest to me has been marked down in any appreciable way, total waste of a trip.

I might feel differently if the trip was short (3 GCs in my area, but all >45 min drives). But maybe not. Those "sales" have done absolutely nothing for me.

Hope others do get in on something good, it's bound to happen sooner or later.

• Members

i tried to buy/order that same guitar from daddy's, but apparently they are no longer a Gibbo dealer - only used Gibsons there now. 20-something stores in new england and not a gibson dealer seems a bit strange.
But i got one coming from down south for $715
:p

and yeah, im all set with gc....

And would you care to elaborate, kind sir? :)

Archived