A couple of my guitars

renips

• Members

Nice.
:thu:

But what's with the plastic on the floor? Are you going to bury a body in the back yard or something?
:D

feeding them to pigs is the only way to get rid of bodys. also to the Op ill trade you all the tea in china for the first guitar

• Members

That vai looks barely played...

Scott -Look at the 2nd 4th and 6th frets. You will notice the maple fingerboard is very darkened. This has been played a lot since 1987. I just replaced the edge tremolo with another edge bought back in 1987 because these had a tendency to wear from sweat

Hey Morb - The bodies were all ready buried

Steve - There is a lot of tea in China, but there are not a lot of 87 JEMS

• Members

Scott -Look at the 2nd 4th and 6th frets. You will notice the maple fingerboard is very darkened. This has been played a lot since 1987. I just replaced the edge tremolo with another edge bought back in 1987 because these had a tendency to wear from sweat

Hey Morb - The bodies were all ready buried

Steve - There is a lot of tea in China, but there are not a lot of 87 JEMS

I have two 87 Jems... I love them. One is mint and the other is beat to {censored} from playing it to death

Yeller_Vai_00.jpg

If I had the chance to be able to find a couple more of the 87 Jems I would jump all over that...

• Members

I have two 87 Jems... I love them. One is mint and the other is beat to {censored} from playing it to death

Yeller_Vai_00.jpg

If I had the chance to be able to find a couple more of the 87 Jems I would jump all over that...

Scott - That is so cool. I am glad to see another JEM. You changed out the pick ups. What did you put in there? Is the middle pick up a stacked humbucker? The mint you refer to is called Loch Ness Green. Supposedly they only produced 777 of these and they were hand signed by Vai. Is this the one you have?

• Members

The yellow one is serial 249 I believe that vai signed the first 100 or so...

The Loch Ness is also a low serial with no sig though....

The Humbuckers in the above are ESP Pickups (Neck and Bridge). They are just the standard ESP LH-200 PAF style. I love these Pups... I traded one of the guys at 48th street custom the original Jem pups for a bunch of LH-200's

The middle pickup is a Bill Lawrence L-250 that I bought in 1978. Nothing sounds as good as these old Bill Lawrence pups

By "mint" I meant "not beat to {censored} and reworked by me" as in "mint condition" ;)

Archived