has anyone played or owns the Buckethead Gibson?

cavemanic

• Members

I played one last weekend at Guitar Center.

The good:

The thing looks great. I don't know what pickups were in it, but they were super hot, and with all the guitar knobs on 10, it made it hard to get a clean setting no matter what amp settings I used. It had a character all its own and was a good weight (obviously chambered, but still had some heft to it).

The bad:

There is no binding on the neck. White binding on the body, but not the neck. Looks cheap and lame. White binding on the neck would really complete it I think.

• Members

Strangely enough, I ate before bed the other night and had a dream about it, even though I've only seen the stock photos once or twice, I've never heard it, and I don't see what's so special about the man whose guitar it is. In the dream, it was the best-sounding guitar I've ever heard in my life. I woke up wanting one. No joke.

• Members

Someone on here posted a thread about getting one not too long ago. Maybe within the last few weeks. Review was very positive and had some nice pics. Maybe someday you can search for it when they roll out HC 3.0

Archived