Top 100 Guitar player list.. Rolling Stone.... BWAHAHAHAH

Reignman

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Bob Dylan interviewed by Ed Bradley on 60 Minutes.

Re: Dylan having twelve songs included in the Rolling Stone Top 500 Songs with "Like a Rolling Stone" being named as the number one song of all time.

Bradley: That must be good to have as part of your legacy.

Dylan: Oh, maybe this week. But you know, the list, they change names, and you know, quite frequently, really. I don't really pay much attention to that.

Bradley: But it's a pat on the back.

Dylan: This week it is. But who's to say how long that's gonna last?"

• Members
Bob Dylan interviewed by Ed Bradley on 60 Minutes.

Re: Dylan having twelve songs included in the Rolling Stone Top 500 Songs with "Like a Rolling Stone" being named as the number one song of all time.

Bradley
: That must be good to have as part of your legacy.

Dylan
: Oh, maybe this week. But you know, the list, they change names, and you know, quite frequently, really. I don't really pay much attention to that.

Bradley
: But it's a pat on the back.

Dylan
: This week it is. But who's to say how long that's gonna last?"

I remember that. RIP, Ed Bradley.

EdBradley.jpeg

• Members
They should be nowhere NEAR this list. To me, putting those two mediocre players on the list is pretty much disrespectful to those who actually dedicate their lives to the instrument.
:mad:

I wonder what Django would think?
:facepalm:

Jack White might not be #17 or whatever, but he's a damn good guitarist and definitely someone who's dedicated his life to the instrument. Listen to The Raconteurs, he shows how good he is there.

• Members

Even stretching things just a little, maybe someone at Rolling Stone should listen not only to Chet Atkins, but to Leo Kottke or Scott Henderson or Eric Johnson.

Eric Johnson, tired licks and the most boring performer I have ever seen. Saw him on the Experience Hendrix Tour, almost a disgrace to Hendrix legacy, even the rest of the band seemed like they weren't having fun playing with him (billy cox, chris layton).

Regardless, the list is pretty obnoxious.

Archived