What is this Les Paul? (Santana content)

Faber

• Members

This is quite possibly my favourite Santana tone, and if the video is anything to go by it was made on a lp. I've never seen a lester with a stripe like that in the top - is it a custom job or some special run of gibsons?

[YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]

• Members

Of course, since the vid shows JLH and Carlos lip- (and finger-) synching, we have no way of knowing from this evidence alone whether that was the same guitar Carlos used on the actual session.

Anyone know if he was ever specifically asked what he played in the studio on that track?

• Members

Of course, since the vid shows JLH and Carlos lip- (and finger-) synching, we have no way of knowing from this evidence alone whether that was the same guitar Carlos used on the actual session.

Anyone know if he was ever specifically asked what he played in the studio on that track?

There is that little problem :D OTOH I assumed that he did use that one since CS is otherwise eager to be seen with the PRS. But of course you're correct, there's no way of knowing. Whatever he's using, I like it immensely

• Members

There is that little problem
:D
OTOH I assumed that he did use that one since CS is otherwise eager to be seen with the PRS. But of course you're correct, there's no way of knowing. Whatever he's using, I like it immensely

maybe find an old live clip on youtube and see what he's using and how it sounds.

Archived