NGD...91 RG-565 Black, collection complete

metalgod72

• Members

That's a pretty cool collection you have there. I've always wanted to check out an old RG 5xx. Do all 6 of them play/sound relatively the same or are there big differences between each individual guitar?

• Members

It could probably try the rest of my life to obtain the whole collection and still fall short. I think people on here don't realize the feat you have attained. These guitars are rare as hell especially to have the whole collection. Hell I didn't know there was a RG565 in 1989 (Prototype) until a few years ago. Honestly I lucked out and scored the yellow prototype that some kid on Myspace didn't know what he had and he actually painted over the yellow with black. It will probably be my crowning achievement to restore it to original condition within the next few decades.

• Members

That is absolutely sick!

{censored}ing killer collection, love the range of colors!

Happy NGD!!!

Oh, and I have seen one RG 565 that is not shown above. A friend has a red one with a maple board and red sharktooth inlays. Would never sell it to me.

thanks for all the compliments, I absolutely love the 565.

regarding maple with red sharkteeth, maybe it was a neck from a 770DX on a red body...or maybe a one off from the factory, back in the day. Was it reverse headstock or regular? Either way, sounds intriguing.

• Members

thanks for all the compliments, I absolutely love the 565.

regarding maple with red sharkteeth, maybe it was a neck from a 770DX on a red body...or maybe a one off from the factory, back in the day. Was it reverse headstock or regular? Either way, sounds intriguing.

It was a reverse headstock, so it couldn't be a 770 neck. I was thinking one-off from the factory, as there are a lot of those floating around. Maybe an employee guitar or something like that.

Archived