Any UK HCers tried Wesley guitars?

danswon

• Members

Wouldn't bother, shabby things, opinion based on 3 guitars, there are better options on a budget

what would you say were your issues with them? or was the whole thing a complete guitarstrophe?

• Members

The Wesley I have played are not BAD so much as they are exactly what they seem....like a hundred quid guitar that LOOKS like it should only be a 100 quid guitar,

Shabby fretwork, crap electrics, and a finish like the guitars are made out of solid plastic.

An old Korean Squier for the same sort of Money will usually KILL it!

:thu:

• Moderators

The Wesley I have played are not BAD so much as they are exactly what they seem....like a hundred quid guitar that LOOKS like it should only be a 100 quid guitar,:

This is for me the key, they look, feel and play like a 60 quid guitar, and the fretwork is bad at best.

There was a niceish bound Tele shape one a few years ago that a mate bought with P90s, and he swapped the pickups out for some Cats Whiskers, it was still an unpleasant guitar

• Members

The Sue Ryder guitars are only a bit more expensive, and claim to be solid mahogany with a maple top and set mahogany neck, rather than the (unless they've changed) unspecified "hardwood" of the Wesley guitars. I've only heard one comment about the quality of the Sue Ryder guitars, and that was complimentary "for the price".

http://www.suerydercareshop.com/product/734/Ryder_RL1_Electric_Guitar_Cherry_Sunburst

those sue ryder guitars/basses look cool. Especially like the headstock on their P-bass copy.

prod_738_110.jpg

prod_726.jpg

prod_732.jpg

in fact i think the Fender copies look (from a distance at least) like they could be a bit boutique-y, like a tyler or something. Obviously they are cheap guitars but at least they LOOK good.

Archived