MIM Fender Strat for $250?

adamthemute

• Members

I sure would like to know where all of these $200 to $250 mint Strats are because I sure never see them. The only ones I've seen for $250 are filthy and looked banged to Hell.

You guys must live in some kind of used guitar Mecca.

+1

In the Chicago area $250 MIM Strats are usually pretty beat or sell really fast.

• Members

My MIM 60th strat is my #1 over my MIA Strat, and I swear the pickups in the 60th go with my amps better than the American. The MIA sounds more "refined" but also a tad dull, its tough to describe.

My MIM 60th Anniversary Strat is one of my favorite guitars, came stock with Tex Mex pickups. I replaced the neck because I like rosewood better, and it's my go-to guitar.

To the OP, if the guitar is truly mint then $250 is not a bad deal, especially if you live in an area where there are not a lot of music stores or pawn shops.

• Members

Most used MIM strats where I live are listed on craigslist for $300, though a listing price of $250 is getting more common.

I assume people pay a little less than that when the cash actually comes out.

Ditto on this for my area as well (Florida).

• Members

Good thing he has been playing for 50 years though and thinks {censored}ty {censored}ing ceramic pickups sound better then CS or standard Alnico pickups. Its also miraculous how American Fenders cast off bodies are better when manufactured in Mexico then those manufactured in the US. I am also sure glad that sharp jagged fret ends make for a better feeling and playing guitar, then those {censored}ty Americans and their fancy smancy rolled fret ends. :rolleyes:

• Members

I sure would like to know where all of these $200 to $250 mint Strats are because I sure never see them. The only ones I've seen for $250 are filthy and looked banged to Hell.

You guys must live in some kind of used guitar Mecca.

SAME here. I looked at one in a local pawnshop w/ only two rusted strings, rusted hardware and scratches all over it and the guy still wanted $400. Said he'd consider coming down to $375 since it was, "after all, a genuine Fender" :rolleyes:

But seriously, I'd jump ALL OVER a NM MIM Strat for $250. (If it were the right color, that is)

• Members

Good thing he has been playing for 50 years though and thinks {censored}ty {censored}ing ceramic pickups sound better then CS or standard Alnico pickups. Its also miraculous how American Fenders cast off bodies are better when manufactured in Mexico then those manufactured in the US. I am also sure glad that sharp jagged fret ends make for a better feeling and playing guitar, then those {censored}ty Americans and their fancy smancy rolled fret ends.
:rolleyes:

fret ends and neck are great on my MIM Strat...:wave:

• Members

fret ends and neck are great on my MIM Strat...
:wave:

Every single MIM I have owned had necks that shrunk and expanded with humidity changes and always exposed sharp fret ends. Never once had this problem with any MIA's though. :confused: Weird huh? Played a bunch in various music store that were nubby also. They wernt sharp, but you could defiantly feel it.

Quality on them is pretty good now. Better now then 3 or 4 years ago. Still though in 16 years of playing I have never once picked up or owned a Mexican old or new that even could come close to the quality I see in just about every single American strat I pick up. Hell I havent even ever picked up a Mexi strat that even comes close to all the Japanese strats I have owned or played.

Good guitars but your lying if you believe that an off the shelf MIM is superior to the much higher priced MIA's.

Anyway I'm actually getting ready to pull the trigger on the rootbeer sparkle hss MIM. Like I said good guitars but need some extra help to becoming great players.

• Members

I buy and sell strats frequently on craigslist. $250 is a fairly standard price.

Sometimes you can get one for less, but often people list them far higher.

If you like the strat, you will not be getting ripped off at two fifty.

Archived