Fender Starcaster

slokomisu

• Members

I've seen this guitar around ebay and (i know....:facepalm:) my local sams club. And I just wanted to know what are the pros and cons of this guitar. It seems to look like an american standard strat. Whats the catch with this cheap guitar?

• Members

Pros - it has the same number of strings and similar features as a real guitar

Cons - pretty much everything else

It just looks like a Fender. It's very low-quality, and I wouldn't recommend one even as a mod platform unless you got one very, very cheap or free. The hardware is junk, the pickups are microphonic and feed back, and the body, and probably neck, are definitely plywood.

• Members

My dad bought me one a couple years ago. I had to be honest with him and tell him to return it. The fret's were terrible. Uneven and the ends were very sharp. It was uninspiring in tone. It's made of mystery wood. And just felt cheap in every way. Since then I've picked one up every time I've seen one in a store just to see if I had a lemon, and I find them all to feel that way. One guy's opinion.

Could you mod it and make it a good guitar? Yes probably.

But, there are much better starting points for modding than those unless the price has dropped dramatically.

He returned it and ordered an Xaviere for me, and it was rock solid and needed nothing. (except to lose that damned yellow tint on the neck) and if I recall, it was about the same price.

Archived