Can my heart take it? Will my brain explode?

csm

• Members

... as a frail old man, how'm I gonna cope with three gigs this month, all with different bands and involving three different sets and different gear?

Sunday, June 6: Crosstown Lightnin'

Tuesday, June 8: Peter Conway

Sunday, June 27: Blast Furnace & The Heatwaves

My achin' head ...

• Members

Good luck CSM. I have a busy schedule myself (6 straight weeks of Fri/Sat shows) but I'm also a little younger and I'm playing with the same group of guys so that makes it a little easier.

looking forward to your gig reports!

• Members

Beer and whiskey? Try coke. Three gigs a month would be perfect for me.

"Coke" as in the drink or "coke" as in blow? :cop:

Seriously though, a drink every now and then doesn't hurt - unless you have had a problem with it in the past.

• Members

... as a frail old pro, I'm gonna cope with three gigs this month, all with different bands and involving three different sets and different gear.

My achin' back and feet ...

Fixed. :thu:

We have confidence in you, CSM!

• Members

I'm an old fart in three different bands. The different sets are no problem, but the gear can be. I use different guitars and amps for each, but some of the small stuff (spare tubes, capos, slides etc) overlaps. It's VERY easy to forget to bring some important things.

I occasionally find tuners, allen keys and bottlenecks I haven't seen for months when I start digging through little-used guitar cases!

• Members

"Coke" as in the drink or "coke" as in blow?
:cop:

Seriously though, a drink every now and then doesn't hurt - unless you have had a problem with it in the past.

Haha, I didn't realize that could've been construed as constructive. I must admit I meant blow. Seems like the thing if you're busy. Alkyhaul tends to slow me down, unless its at a show, then insanity ensues.

For the record, I'm not a coke guy, just attempting to be funny.

• Members

Haha, I didn't realize that could've been construed as constructive. I must admit I meant blow. Seems like the thing if you're busy. Alkyhaul tends to slow me down, unless its at a show, then insanity ensues.

For the record, I'm not a coke guy, just attempting to be funny.

For folks of CSM (and my, sigh) vintage, Peruvian marching powder's cardiopulmonary side effects are potentially fatal... :eek:

• Members

And then there were two ...

Peter Conway just called to say that the promoter of Tuesday's gig has lost his slot at the venue, so it'll have to be rescheduled.

And did I say that each gig also required an individual rehearsal?

Now it's just the Crosstown and Blast gigs ...

Got to admit ... I'm relieved!

• Members

... as a frail old man, how'm I gonna cope with three gigs this month, all with different bands and involving three different sets and different gear?

My achin' head ...

Damn,I knew I saw you somewhere.

Seven Ages of Rock...just ended a few minutes ago on TV.

Archived