NAD! (and dumb question)

Jersey Jack

• Members

I just received a new Fender Princeton Reverb Reissue, and I'm just loving it. It is the perfect amp for me. :love:

But (here comes the noob question :facepalm:) I haven't owned a good Fender amp in a while, and I've noticed something odd: When I turned on the amp, the power light in the front of the amp of course turned on; but after a few minutes, the light went off. Is this a defect, or is this supposed to happen? Does the light going out perhaps indicate that the tubes are warmed up, or is there something wrong with the amp that needs to be repaired?

Again, sorry if this is common knowledge. I hope I don't have to have the amp fixed or replaced--the sound is great, I just don't know how to interpret the shutting off of the power light. The owner's manual simply says that the light "indicates when the amplifier is ON," which suggests that it should always be on when the amp is on. :confused:

• Members

Thanks, guys, I really hope I don't have to ship this amp back to Musicians Friend. I think the problem may be the bulb, as when I turned the amp on the second time there is no light at all. When I took the cover off, the socket was slightly wobbly--is that normal?

Where would I get a bulb like this? Would it be available at any hardware store or are we talking about getting a bulb from Fender?

I don't want to lose track of the fact that this is a spectacular sounding amp--I just want the damn thing to be perfect, I guess. :idk:

Archived