"They just aren't the same band without _______."

Mister Zero

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Nashville {censored} without Corey but that goes without saying,

Some buddies of mine were in a band with her before she was in Nashville {censored}, and from what they've told me, they were better off after she left.

• Members

Metallica without Cliff was a totally different band but they made it work.

Metallica without Jason is a totally different band, and they're failing miserably with that Mexican dude..

Robert Trujillo is American.

• Members

Marillion without Fish

How many will even know what I'm talking about?
:lol:

:thu:

ALthough I see what Hogarth did with the band. It pushed them more towards being a pop band and I still like SOME Of the stuff with Hogarth, Season's End is a great album IMO, just "different" than previous Marillion records with Fish, after that I kinda lost interest, but there are some great musicians in that band.

• Members

the gin blossoms were never the same after doug hopkins got booted. some stuff is good, but not nearly the same.

The tortured soul writes the songs that make the band go platinum. The band can't deal with the effects of having a tortured soul in the band and fire him. People love the art, but not the chaos of the life that creates it.

I loved the last part of this snippet from wikipedia. Sugar in the tank indeed.

As the Gin Blossoms experienced mounting success, performing songs he had written, Hopkins became increasingly despondent.[1] Though he had always dreamed of having a gold record, when he received one for the song "Hey Jealousy", he hung it up for two weeks before taking it down and then destroying it. Nine days later, during an intake consultation in the detox unit of Phoenix's St. Luke's Hospital, Hopkins snuck out and bought a .38 caliber pistol. The next day, December 5, 1993, Hopkins committed suicide.[2] At his memorial service, Wilson recalls, a woman approached his former band members with a message from Hopkins upon his death: he was the one who had poured sugar in the gas tank of their tour van in 1992.[1]

• Members

If you like Marc Ford, you may also like his group before the Crowes - Burning Tree.

or the 4 mind blowing solo albums he has done. hes also a pretty awesome producer and ofter plays some killer guitar on his clients records...steepwater band, ryan bingham

Archived