Joey Allen, Warrant... Watcha think???.. what brand guitar in this vid.

Reignman

• Members

Like the title says:

Don't know much about him... Seem's like a solid player/showman.

Granted, majority of people who don't like the 80's lead guitar playing will bitch, Don't bother posting it.... I'd rather just know what guitar brand/model he is playing and watcha think of HIM... Not the 80's guitar players.

• Members

I always dug Joey. Tasty chops, great live player. I saw them about a year ago, and he still rips it up. They were playing some REALLY COOL custom G&L's with HUGE matal-flake paint jobs. Looked like the old fair rides.

They started using Ibanez on the Cherry Pie album (minus the vid, where they were playing Carvin). I saw them on that tour, and again on the Dog Eat Dog tour. They were still playing Ibby's then too - though a bit more toned down w/natural finishes.

I guess Erik Turner is playing Charvel customs now. Not sure what Joey is using. They were both using Hughes & Kettner last I saw. I'd like to catch them with Robert Mason singing though.

• Members

they switched from BC Rich to Ibanez for the Cherry Pie album, and i think both guys pretty much used custom RG's. I think Joey Allen mainly used a single pickup RG when he played live. I saw em live back then and he used that stars and stripes RG the most. IMO he was one of the more underrated players from the 80's, he could not only shred but he had great feel in some of the slower stuff.

Archived