for CORK SNIFFERS who say touring musicians never play cheapies

roygbiv

• Members
Best story ever was a touring player who played a Squier (with upgraded pickups) set up so well his buddy offered him $500 for it and he would not sell.

Even better is when this one guy here at HC took a Squier, gave it a setup, stuck a Fender sticker on the headstock and sold it to a "professional" player for $750. :eek:

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Even better is when this one guy here at HC took a Squier, gave it a setup, stuck a Fender sticker on the headstock and sold it to a "professional" player for $750.
:eek:

he also gave it a compound radius neck and upgraded all the hw/pups. :rolleyes:

• Members

Everyone here at HC are {censored}ing addict to cheap ass {censored}, and continually post about awesome SX's or Xavier's. Maybe you just confused this place with TGP???

Oh and the only one here that really continually beat the expensive guitars are only for studio and touring work drum was Leopardstar. Doubt you want to bring that {censored} up though.

not this kid - unless you consider davidoffs and cordon bleu cheap ass {censored}. nothing wrong with diggin' an inexpensive guitar.

• Members

honestly, i don't really care about that band (can't even remember their name!) and it's not something i'll ever listen to again.

but i can't help but notice that they are playing their crappy garage rock chords on David Letterman.

and you aren't.

just sayin...

Having heard both players, I think Metallica_00 is a better guitar player - despite the fact that he has no pro aspirations:)

• Members
Aw, come on man. Where are the good ole days of HCEG when a good scrum would break out over these things?

You are supposed to say "{censored} you douche" or something like that.

:D

But in all seriousness, it's a garagey lo-fi sound, so it wouldn't make sense for him to be playing a Two Rock and a PRS. For certain styles and sounds you don't need to spend a lot of money, but for other kinds it's hard to emulate them convincingly with cheaper stuff (and honestly, more weight placed on the amp than the guitar).

• Members
Well, if you're just going to strum four powerchords and with some crappy garage rock tone, why bother spending much money on your guitars?

who dialed in them fender amps, anyway? that tone does suck - and the sweaters???? :facepalm:

the cv teles do sound good clean, even with the stock electronics. but for me its the feel more than anything. the surprising thing i found is what a great feeling, playing and sounding instrument they are for chump change.

• Members

The CV Tele is a classic in the world of bang for the buck. Unless they self destruct after 5 years and are only held together with pine tar... But on the acoustic side I would tour with a Mic'd Gretsch Americana Sundown Serenade. No problem. :thu:

• Members
The CV Tele is a classic in the world of bang for the buck. Unless they self destruct after 5 years and are only held together with pine tar... But on the acoustic side I would tour with a Mic'd Gretsch Americana Sundown Serenade. No problem.
:thu:

i got one of those too - for a Christmas gift. I think my wife paid $27 shipped for that. :thu: very good sounding/playing guitar. my daughter really liked it so i gave it to her. i heard the other models in that series were not as good.

• Members

Perhaps those touring playing to hundreds of thousands, that have enough money to have three of everything and all of them insured play with high end gear all the time.

This is how I fell in love with MIM Strats. I could mod them how I liked and still come out cheaper than a new MIA, plus I didn't have to worry as much about them. Now you can buy two Classic Vibe Strats, keep them bone stock, and gig to your heart's content with a truly good guitar.

Hell, a CV Strat or Tele and a Peavey Valveking combo is an awesome combo, unless the thought of playing a Squier and a Peavey just gives you the vapors.

lol, sounds like me.

My next guitar, I'm pretty sure, will be a CV 50's Tele, and my amp is a valveking 212. But I think when i can, I'm going to buy a Fender Super Champ XD.

Archived