for CORK SNIFFERS who say touring musicians never play cheapies

roygbiv

• Members

if anything Fender's PR goofed. I just got a CVC Tele and I keep thinking, "why would I spend $1600 for the US version?" For $380 you almost get the same guitar. Oh yeah I forgot the US one has nitro on top of the poly hahahahhahahaha FAIL

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

My wife started buying box wine. The first time she brought it in I was not happy. I either drink beer or vodka, but I do enjoy wine with dinner. I was expecting crap but it wasn't bad at all. It was called Black Box, I think.

• Members

My wife started buying box wine. The first time she brought it in I was not happy. I either drink beer or vodka, but I do enjoy wine with dinner. I was expecting crap but it wasn't bad at all. It was called Black Box, I think.

a few years ago some of the top wineries starting putting thier wines in boxes because the technology has improved. Just like Made in China meant crap 20 years ago bag-in-a-box wine doesnt mean ripple anymore

• Members
It's happened before (maybe) with the Squier Protone models of the late 90's.

And the JV, SQ, and E series MIJ Squiers are legendary.

My P-bass is an E-series MIJ Squier; I see no reason to get a Fender.

l_fd6b0e0e8c906a38b6ffe7e4f76292ca.jpg

I used to also have an MIJ Squier Tele, only sold it because I get a great deal on a butterscotch '52 RI. This is the MIJ:

29065_403301333878_512618878_4163435_463

• Members

Yes....someone playing letterman with a squier totally proves that
there is no difference between cheap guitars and expensive guitars and anyone who thinks so is a cork sniffer.
Thanks for clearing that up.

The only one that said that was you.

The OP merely pointed out a touring guitarist playing a cheap guitar live, on stage, on TV.

• Members
if anything Fender's PR goofed. I just got a CVC Tele and I keep thinking, "why would I spend $1600 for the US version?" For $380 you almost get the same guitar. Oh yeah I forgot the US one has nitro on top of the poly hahahahhahahaha FAIL

This is a bit of an exagerration. I don't find CVs to be that great - flimsy neck, flimsy hardware, and pickups are OK but not great. I've owned one, and played many, trying to work out all the hype.

However, you don't even need to have 6 strings on stage:

seasick_steve.jpg

• Members
My P-bass is an E-series MIJ Squier; I see no reason to get a Fender.

l_fd6b0e0e8c906a38b6ffe7e4f76292ca.jpg

I used to also have an MIJ Squier Tele, only sold it because I get a great deal on a butterscotch '52 RI. This is the MIJ:

29065_403301333878_512618878_4163435_463

Just by looking at this picture I can see how bad your cheap bass sounds :p

• Members
he gets a face palm for his sloppy re-stringing job...
:facepalm:

I don't care about the string job, but sweaters should be banned in rock music.

They look like a bunch of young lawyers headed to a Saturday picnic to drink a little wine and eat some French cheese.

• Members
I don't care about the string job, but sweaters should be banned in rock music.

They look like a bunch of young lawyers headed to a Saturday picnic to drink a little wine and eat some French cheese.

considering the CV has the old style tuners that you trim 2" past the post and then put the string down the center of the shaft and tighten/tune - IMHO the easiest type of tuners to restring with...:facepalm:

and I agree with the sweater thing...:freak:

• Members
Yes....someone playing letterman with a squier totally proves that there is no difference between cheap guitars and expensive guitars and anyone who thinks so is a cork sniffer. Thanks for clearing that up.

uh, where does it say anywhere in my post that there is no difference between cheap guitars and expensive guitars? I was merely refuting the claims made here in the past that touring or pro musicians only play expensive gear. don't make me search for those threads. just trust me, k?

:p

• Members

Well, if you're just going to strum four powerchords and with some crappy garage rock tone, why bother spending much money on your guitars?

honestly, i don't really care about that band (can't even remember their name!) and it's not something i'll ever listen to again.

but i can't help but notice that they are playing their crappy garage rock chords on David Letterman.

and you aren't.

just sayin...

• Members
considering the CV has the old style tuners that you trim 2" past the post and then put the string down the center of the shaft and tighten/tune - IMHO the easiest type of tuners to restring with...

Um yea... How do you even get extra string hanging over with vintage tuners? :confused:

• Members
honestly, i don't really care about that band (can't even remember their name!) and it's not something i'll ever listen to again.

but i can't help but notice that they are playing their crappy garage rock chords on David Letterman.

and you aren't.

just sayin...

Since I never had any intention of becoming a professional musician at any point in my life, I don't think it's a very relevant comparison. :idk:

• Members
Since I never had any intention of becoming a professional musician at any point in my life, I don't think it's a very relevant comparison.
:idk:

Aw, come on man. Where are the good ole days of HCEG when a good scrum would break out over these things?

You are supposed to say "{censored} you douche" or something like that.

• Members

That was fun, I thought they had a good sound and a lot of raw energy.

I'm probably the only person with two 90's vintage MIM Fender Squier Series guitars that hasn't sanded off the small "Squier Series" at the end of the headstocks. It should be a badge of honor for punk and blues players IMO. Anyway my instructor played the Strat the other day after a nut and trem block switch (GFS Brass), absolutely loved everything about it including the chunky vintage neck. (His three Strats are all MIA and he has an agent and a pretty sweet little music career goin when he's not helping wayward pickers like myself.)

• Members

my CV tele is just about the only electric i play these days.

it's not just a good cheap approximation of a pricier telecaster.

it's actually a damn good guitar that has its own thing going on.

and i like that thing.

but come on now.

WHERE ARE THE CORK SNIFFERS WITH ALL THE H8!

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

same here, mine is far and away my goto axe. i have heard there are a few corksniffers who actually own them though.

• Members
bag-in-a-box wine has come along way. You can get 'good' wine from a box these days.

....and it holds up better if you don't drink it all at one sitting. Once you uncork a bottle, it starts to slowly decay; the bag-in-a-box never lets in any air to drive the oxidation process.:thu:

• Members
....and it holds up better if you don't drink it all at one sitting. Once you uncork a bottle, it starts to slowly decay; the bag-in-a-box never lets in any air to drive the oxidation process.
:thu:

Oxida-what?

Quit harshin on my buzz with yr scientific mumbo jumbo! :mad:

• Members
uh, where does it say anywhere in my post that there is no difference between cheap guitars and expensive guitars? I was merely refuting the claims made here in the past that touring or pro musicians only play expensive gear. don't make me search for those threads. just trust me, k?

:p

Everyone here at HC are {censored}ing addict to cheap ass {censored}, and continually post about awesome SX's or Xavier's. Maybe you just confused this place with TGP???

Oh and the only one here that really continually beat the expensive guitars are only for studio and touring work drum was Leopardstar. Doubt you want to bring that {censored} up though.

Archived