for CORK SNIFFERS who say touring musicians never play cheapies

roygbiv

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Perhaps those touring playing to hundreds of thousands, that have enough money to have three of everything and all of them insured play with high end gear all the time.

This is how I fell in love with MIM Strats. I could mod them how I liked and still come out cheaper than a new MIA, plus I didn't have to worry as much about them. Now you can buy two Classic Vibe Strats, keep them bone stock, and gig to your heart's content with a truly good guitar.

Hell, a CV Strat or Tele and a Peavey Valveking combo is an awesome combo, unless the thought of playing a Squier and a Peavey just gives you the vapors.

• Members

my CV tele is just about the only electric i play these days.

it's not just a good cheap approximation of a pricier telecaster.

it's actually a damn good guitar that has its own thing going on.

and i like that thing.

but come on now.

WHERE ARE THE CORK SNIFFERS WITH ALL THE H8!

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

• Members

my CV tele is just about the only electric i play these days.

it's not just a good cheap approximation of a pricier telecaster.

it's actually a damn good guitar that has its own thing going on.

and i like that thing.

but come on now.

WHERE ARE THE CORK SNIFFERS WITH ALL THE H8!

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

They'll come in later and talk about the difference between "real" musicians and people that just play for money, love of the art, having the best tool for the job, how they are more refined, tone is in the fingers, blah blah blah. Then they'll insult our intelligence and masculinity, accuse us of being closet homosexuals, and anything else it takes to make up appear to be totally shamed.

Nobody in their right mind would argue you don't need well made gear to sound good. Good gear plus a good player sounds good. If your good costs $300 or $3,000 who cares? I guarantee you 90% of the people listening couldn't tell the difference and 98% couldn't give a {censored}.

• Members

Now that's a throwback band I kinda like.

Now I have to google them to see how embarrassing it is to admit that.

EDIT: Found out they were originally called "The Muslims." Nice!

I have that album - pretty good.

• Members

I must admit, last time I drank wine, I sniffed the cork.

But the bottle cost eight bucks and I drank it out of a blue plastic tumbler.

box wine is where its at. a 5 liter box of wine is around $13 with a 13% alcohol content it equals to several cases of beer and taste a whole lot better

• Members

Squier is making some really nice stuff lately, that is for sure. I bought my son a Squier Vintage Modified Jazz Bass recently. I know nothing about basses, but it appears to be a quality made, very playable, great sounding instrument. It also looks really nice, IMO.

416354.jpg

Watch out Fender, your cheapo brand may become more cherished than the MIA models! :thu:

• Members

bag-in-a-box wine has come along way. You can get 'good' wine from a box these days.

Yes I whole heartedly agree and to be quite honest I usually drink box wine, but my tale would've been lame because they don't have corks. To be even more honest I drink 6-9 dollar fifths of "american blended whiskey" more than anything. When it's wine thoug, there's an LQ by my house that has boxed reisling, which is yum.

• Members

Yes I whole heartedly agree and to be quite honest I usually drink box wine, but my tale would've been lame because they don't have corks. To be even more honest I drink 6-9 dollar fifths of "american blended whiskey" more than anything. When it's wine thoug, there's an LQ by my house that has boxed reisling, which is yum.

yeah I dunno about blended whiskey :cop: ...a nice single malt cant be beat

for reaLS though plastic bag technology has improved a lot in the last 10 years PET etc;

• Members

Yes....someone playing letterman with a squier totally proves that there is no difference between cheap guitars and expensive guitars and anyone who thinks so is a cork sniffer. Thanks for clearing that up.

I was thinking that exactly, with the identical amount of sarcasm:)

Archived