Anyone wanna listen and give some feedback?

Strat87

• Members

Good music. It reminds me a bit of Arcade Fire.

The guitarist (you?) has good solos -- my only critique is I'd like to hear more clear guitars throughout your songs rather than quiet verse/muddy grunge chorus/quiet verse/muddy grunge verse/insane solo/ etc.

"Cold Wind Blows" is catchy and I like the intro, cool "Alice in Chains" feel.

I'd definitely come see your show if I lived in MA. Keep up the good work.

• Members

i really like that solo in liquid picture as well. killer stuff.

i feel that you could make it build a little bit more in a few spots (example: right before the solo) that would enhanse the emotion out of the lead, and enhance some other spots prior the next chorus.

good stuff man, if i was up there i would definitely check you all out.

• Members

sweet solos here and there but i honestly cant stand this style of music at all because all of my ex girlfriends were into it and it made me want to commit suicide whenever i was in their car. the guitars seem mudded out and tone-less, and the vocalist doesnt cut well at all through the mix. its good, im just biased.

• Members

Vocals could use some punching up, as they are pretty good and being pounded a bit by the rest of the mix, which itself is very good. This is a comment on all of the songs in general, not on a specific one. All-in-all a very nice effort and I thank you putting it out there for our enjoyment.

BTW, was this a professional recording/mix/master, or was it home grown? The quality of the recording is excellent; I'd just fuss around with the mix a bit for some tweaking.

Thank you.

• Members

Good stuff. It reminds me of Porcupine Tree.

I liked "Great Things" the most. The vocals on the other tracks weren't the same quality, IMO.

I thought the guitar parts were nice, but the tone seemed "dull." They work fine, but wouldn't have been my choice.

Overall, I like the recording quality and songs. Are you recording at home?

• Members

Thanks for the feedback. It was all recorded in a pro studio on HD. I agree with the comments about the mix, and that's still a work in progress. I will say that on a CD through car speakers its much more defined, as Myspace drops the playback quality.

And yeah, I am the lead player :rawk:

• Members

Well, strat87, you are exactly correct, as I believe myspace is using a 128kbp MP3 version of your song, which is pretty compressed. So the quality is being squashed.

Mixing is as much of an art as a science, so it will require a lot of trial & error to get the mythical 'best mix'.

Again, good luck on your efforts.

• Members

sound good but as stated before the resoultion is kinda low.. so the mids and highs and lows kinda mush together.. but the composition is cool and the guitar tone is really nice a straty.. im hearing it as a strat.. i may be wrong.. but its good stuff... i would try a 256kbp mp3.. i think thats right..

• 5 months later...
  • Members

I liked this round of tracks, too.

Roof Beams was probably my least favorite.

I liked 'Great Things' - the perscussive drums rhythm kinda reminded me of Dismemberment Plan.

No Regrets sounded very NE indie to me - kinda like the Breeders or something. I dug it, too.

Thanks for sharing these, and nice playing.

• Members

Great Things was very cool, No regrets was also very catchy

Roof beams was meh, i do like the guitar tone tho.

Only thing i could say is mix the vocals better, it would add whole other dimension to the songs

Archived