Back in the Tele club...

Brian May

• Members

Just 'won' :rolleyes: this baby....

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140412244414&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Now what colour pickgaurd will complement it?? Parchment? Cream ie off white pearloid??? Other??

Anyways when this comes I plan on keeping it and not selling it on...it will be my 3rd USA Tele...always ended up selling them on to fund something else...but as you can see its high time I learn my lesson and keep at least 1 Tele in my collection. Every guitarist should own a Tele and a Strat.

• Members

Its Vintage White thats the official name for that colour...its a creamy beige colour in the flesh - I know because my last Tele was exactly this colour also although that had a maple board. My first was a 2 colour sunburst also with a maple neck...so this one will be my first ever rosewood board Tele. Oddly I'm looking forward to it!!

• Members

Its already got a black guard!
:D
White or off white (parchent is defo a strong contender though).
:)

just today I swapped my black 52RI guard with my mint/white CVC, and neither worked. The green on the butte blonde looked hideous, and the black on the sunburts looked OK if not for the edges dissapear into the black part of the burst, (Im thinking b/w/b would break that area up and look good)

unless the guitar is a more pale yellow opaque like the mid-late 50s Teles looked where white might look good Id stick with black.

• Members

awesome but for all those extra screws. :poke:

Thats what I was saying about the color tone if its more pale yellow white works, butt blonde= black works.

I vote white.

Look at this picture and tell me you don't want your tele to look like that!

1966-telecaster-oly-white.jpg

Archived