Paymate

Mike Fiasco

• Members

I bought an item from an ebay seller. He does not take PayPal but insists on Paymate. The paymate system lets the buyer enter a credit card number, but says processing to North American sellers will take 5 days.

I paid immediately through paymate and got an automated receipt on Friday. I have not heard from the seller yet (it's Wednesday morning), which is kind of a bummer.

This is from the receipt I got from paymate

Thank you for using Paymate to authorise a payment, with the details of the transaction as below.

You will receive another email at the time the payment is being made to the seller or if it has been declined.

After these funds are cleared they will be deposited into the seller's bank account.

NORTH AMERICAN PROCESSING TIME:

Payment for North American seller will take 5 business days to be deposited but the seller will be advised as soon as the payment is cleared.

From this, I don't know if the seller has my money yet. I don't know if the seller has been notified of my payment, or if he has received my payment.

From a buyer's point of view I'm more comfortable with PayPal only because I've been on both sides of a PayPal transaction. I know if I send money it goes right to the seller's PayPal account (even if he can't transfer it to his bank for three days). My worst suspicion is that neither the buyer or I have the money right now, but it's sitting with Paymate. That kind of sucks for both the seller and me.

I'll be patient for a few days on this transaction.

Has anyone here had any kind of experience with Paymate?

• Members

I bought an item from an ebay seller. He does not take PayPal but insists on Paymate. The paymate system lets the buyer enter a credit card number, but says processing to North American sellers will take 5 days.

I paid immediately through paymate and got an automated receipt on Friday. I have not heard from the seller yet (it's Wednesday morning), which is kind of a bummer.

This is from the receipt I got from paymate

From this, I don't know if the seller has my money yet. I don't know if the seller has been notified of my payment, or if he has received my payment.

From a buyer's point of view I'm more comfortable with PayPal only because I've been on both sides of a PayPal transaction. I know if I send money it goes right to the seller's PayPal account (even if he can't transfer it to his bank for three days). My worst suspicion is that neither the buyer or I have the money right now, but it's sitting with Paymate. That kind of sucks for both the seller and me.

I'll be patient for a few days on this transaction.

Has anyone here had any kind of experience with Paymate?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paymate

"The service is similar in outcomes to PayPal but directly deposits funds into the recipient's bank account."

id assume hes got the money. do they have similar protection schemes to paypal if he takes the money and runs?

Archived