Introducing the Les Paul Studio 50

fuzztone

• Members

The Cat is out of the bag. Today this was posted on the Gibson Forum by "Gibson USA"

"60 made it out the door last month.

Rumors are flying.

Les Paul Studio loaded with P-90's for how much?

Orange Drop Capacitors on a Gibson USA model that costs how much?

Faded finishes that look vintage.........Worn White against cream plastic...That's not right, but it is............Gold Top?

Did we mention "This is a Limited Run Gibson USA model".

$1,399 Retail Price. Ask your local dealer for details. Shipping soon.

"In honor of the decade that gave birth to rock and roll Gibson USA is proud to present the acclaimed Les Paul Studio in a unique new package. The new Les Paul Studio

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I have been wanting Gibson to release just such a guitar for years. I could never justify the $ for a CS model, but I am seriously gassing for one of these !

A LP w/ P-90's is such a winning tone, kind of like a tele on steroids to my ears.

• Members

It's really amazing to me that these have a street price of $150 less than an SG Classic...can't be solely due to the fingerboard binding, can it?

Probably. Gibson's neck binding is very labor intense.

• Members

Just ordered a honeyburst model from AMS, I figure if I'm lucky it'll arrive before the end of the summer.

I had been looking at buying a LP Jr, but at nearly the same price this is an absolute no-brainer.

• Members

It's really amazing to me that these have a street price of $150 less than an SG Classic...can't be solely due to the fingerboard binding, can it?

The SG Classic has also a nitro lacquer finish. That itself will drive the price up. These les pauls are faded, no nitro.

Archived