Help needed with a jazz model

RuiFeio

• Members

So I just got this old Eko jazz model which was just lyin around a friends house so he gave it to me...

thing is the bridge humbucker wont work and im not used working on jazz models. All im used to are strats which are alot easier to access the circuits...I dont even know where the problem is...Ive thought about rewiring the whole thing and put new pots and all cuz if it is just a bad conection this would solve it...but i cant do it cuz there r just the pickup and the "f" holes on the guitar and that aint nearly wide enough for me to get the soldering iron to any of the pots, not to mention the pickup switch...I really dont know what to do...any idead what could be the problem and how could i fix it?

Another problem with the thing is the bridge...some previous owner (idiot) glued the thing to the top because he thought it should be angled...now i dunno where the original exact spot and angle is...

Help me restore this baby to its former glory...

heres a pic of a similiar guitar...only difference is really the inlays and other minor stuff but even the sunburst is the same

http://www.guitarmore.com/wp-content/uploads/Guitar-Jazz-guitar-Ibanez-Artist-model-jazz-guitar-guitarmore.jpg

• Members

you have to pull the pots out of the f holes,or p-up holes to solder them.

It's a finicky little job..google "wiring semi hollow body guitars" or some such for a few different methods.Some tie the pots off with thread etc,it varies for whatever guitar you are working on.

• Members

Thanks guys...never wouldve thought about using strings to pull the pots...sorry if my doubts had already been talked about here in the forum...but ive come to rely on the knowledge of the guys here..hehe

what about the bridge? can anyone help me with that?

• Members

new update guys....I Got the pots and pu out and sprayed them with this thing that removes rust and then i tested the bridge pick up that wasnt working with a key and it was working....so i got them back in and then it wasnt working again...what could the problem be?

Archived