I see a NGD in my futur: Godin content!

Misha

• Members

I'm on vacations and, yesterday, I decided to go to my favorite mom & pop music shop...

I tested several guitars and then decided to try a cheaper one, a Godin Session in Vintage Sunburst with a maple neck. :facepalm:

I fell in love and gave an account on it! I'm probably going to get it next week... for my birthday, as a gift from myself to myself!

This guitar has a great neck, it weights a bit more than my Classic Player '60s Strat or my MIM std Strat but it's still very comfortable.

Godin says it has a "Canadian Laurentian Basswood body". I don't know how it compares to regular basswood but for sure, the guitar sounds very good - surprisingly good, in fact - unplugged! Usually it's a good sign!

It has a 5 way switch and the second position sounds killer! I loved the clean sound. The humbucker is ok for a guitar of that price. I will probably upgrade it some day. Actually, I wanted a good guitar with Dimarzio pickups and I think I will upgrade the Godin to my taste.

The maple neck is very nice, nothing to say about the fret job. I like fender's necks and I felt at home with this one. It feels like a "C" neck, maybe with a bit more meat than my MIM Strat's neck to grab with the palm of my hand. The neck radius 12''. It's different from the Godin LG's neck (which is a good thing for me.) Scale lenght is like a Strat: 25.5''. Nut width is 1 11/16''.

I think it's a very good guitar for the price (415$ CAD) and a serious option to consider for people who want a Strat-like guitar!

Link: http://www.godinguitars.com/godinsessionp.htm

I found a video on Youtube:

[YOUTUBE]_fHnVmUIgoc[/YOUTUBE]

:wave:

• Members

That's a very nice guitar for the price!

I think Godin decided to play in the Fender territory a bit more!

The clean sound was a killer vintage sound - position 2 (neck + middle pickups). I was plugged in a Roland Cube 80X using the "JC clean" channel with just a bit of reverb and delay.

The position 2 is noise cancelling and the position 5 too (using the humbucker). The other positions were noisy though but it's ok with me.

• Members

Cjheck out one of their new Progression guitars it you like strats..

I tried a few but still prefer the Session! I like my Strat better than the Progression but I dig the Session as well!

• Members

I own two Godin guitars - a SD22 and a older G-4000 - and love them both. I also own a Seagull acoustic.

I didn't like the Session when it was first debuted. It reminded of a Squier 51. I really like the new Progression USB and the new Icon series. I can't afford another guitar right now though.

Archived