most anoying guitar riff? OF ALL TIME..

scuzzo

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Here's one that seems to have been overlooked. I've found this song boring since it came out in the late 70s:

[YOUTUBE]qBxbPts5tOk[/YOUTUBE]

I don't mind simple rhythmns, but duh! duh duh duh duh!, is taking things a bit too far in the simplicity department IMO. And the "solo" by Mick Jones - yeah right!! Not!!! Sloppy hammer-ons (ala deedle deedle deedle deedle) do not make for a good solo!

• Members

crazy on you

That chorus riff, no sir I don't like it. Its been made worse by the numerous times I've heard "yah, but dude, thats one of the greates, most important riffs of all time"

As if not liking that somehow negates any future opinion I might have.

Runners up (because they're what everyone learns at first)

Smoke on the Water

Iron Man

Good Riddance (time/life)

...and of course Stairwayy

• Members

That Iron Man riff always sent my finger to the off button from first time I heard it when it came out.

Now I'm a big Traffic/Winwood fan but the little riff that kicks off then repeats all over in this number just gets on my nerves as less than worthless filler

[YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]

The White Whale

• Members

I thought that whole double lead thing (triple, if you count the harp was playing the same riff) that Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers played on SNL the other night got real tedious real fast.

Yeah what was that? I thought he was going to retire but maybe he just needs too...

• Members
I think that whole "circle of 5ths" thing in the middle of BOC's "Don't fear the Reaper" sounds so "amateurish" that it annoys the {censored}e outta me everytime I hear it:mad:

In fact, a lot of "classic rock" annoys me at this point, especially "boogie" based {censored}. which includes most Southern Rock, ZZ Top, Skynard, and anythng derived from "Takin' Care of Business" type of {censored}.
:mad:

AAHHH!!!!!! BLASHPHEMER!!!!:mad:

and you call yourself an american...

for me...

Smoke On The Water

Enter Sandman

Thunder Struck

• Members

Well after working in a music shop for the last 2 years....ummm let see

The entire Nirvana catalog

Enter Sandman

Sweet Child O Mine

Iron Man/ War Pigs

smoke on the water

Stairway....

Hell I could go on and on....

For me the biggest nails on a chalkboard riff is Back in Black...I can not stand the main intro riff with that sorry little fill

Archived