Clapton was God..

Sale83

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I've always found him really, really dull. Are you allowed to say that around these parts?

I've tried, I swear. I've listened to the Bluesbreakers stuff and all the Cream LPs, and a bunch of later stuff. I really can't hear what's supposed to be so great. I mean, obviously, he can play the guitar and stuff, but that on its own isn't enough to maintain my interest.

• Members

snoop is a drug addict waste of life, says alot bout ya that youd actually admire that piece of trash.

next time read the whole thread,,maybe you will understand the joke,ok?:rolleyes:

...and Clapton was a drug addict waste of life for some time too,so....

stfu-techno-viking.jpg

:lol::lol::lol:

• Members

I've always found him really, really dull. Are you allowed to say that around these parts?

I've tried, I swear. I've listened to the Bluesbreakers stuff and all the Cream LPs, and a bunch of later stuff. I really can't hear what's supposed to be so great. I mean, obviously, he can play the guitar and stuff, but that on its own isn't enough to maintain my interest.

Because you're not in the context of Britian in the mid 60s. All the rock based guitar stuff that is so common today was pretty much unheard of, and the likes of Clapton, Beck, Hendrix (who was a huge Clapton fan), made it possible. By the age of 23 Clapton was responsible in part for changing guitar music. Remember the scene at the end of back to the future? To some ears (especially the engineers), thats what Clapton playing a Les Paul through a Marshall in 1965 was like. And he could still outplay most of us on the forum , Ratrae included!

Archived