how much tru oil do i need.....

Stoneball Jack

• Members

I'm pretty sure I could do it with 3. If you're going to use the tru oil slurry as grain filler on the body, then....probably more.

Ummm.....i wasn't going to use a filler at all cause i was under the impression alder was tight grained so it didn't need it. I was just going to put a couple coats of dark tung oil on the body then cover that with tru oil

• Members

Are there no instructions on the can?

There are many other sites, just Google them.

the instructions say how many square feet in covers not how many guitars it covers. Since i don't know how many square feet a guitar is i don't know how much it will take.

Also i've read this before which is what made me think i did not need to fill the grain in alder because it gives the impression that tight grained woods do not need it. But i may have taken that wrong.

• Members

the instructions say how many square feet in covers not how many guitars it covers. Since i don't know how many square feet a guitar is i don't know how much it will take.

Also i've read this before which is what made me think i did not need to fill the grain in alder because it gives the impression that tight grained woods do not need it. But i may have taken that wrong.

It goes a LONG way, and 3 oz might be safe, it is not expensive. Grab two 3 ounce bottles, and if you dont use it all, I guarantee you will like the way it works so much you will find a use for the leftovers.

• Members

It goes a LONG way, and 3 oz might be safe, it is not expensive. Grab two 3 ounce bottles, and if you dont use it all, I guarantee you will like the way it works so much you will find a use for the leftovers.

awesome...I think i'll do that. Better safe than sorry i guess lol.

Archived