Does Search not work?

gsteph22

• Members

Hey guys,

I'm trying to search the For Sale forum, but I run into two problems:

1. The link doesn't "click", I can't get to the search apge

2. If I manually copy-n-paste the search link to my address bar and go there, I never get any results on terms I search.

I've tried on Chrome, IE, and Firefox

Any ideas?

I figure I'd ask here 'cuz you guys are the most br00talz.

• Members

The reason I want search is so I can poke through Classified easily ;) The Goog would be better than nothing, but not help with filtering/sorting much.

It's just kinda funny, 'cuz it's not something that should be broken.

The only thing I could think of is that there's some custom hacks in vbulletin that have busted the search? :|

Then again, fulltext indexing on a mySQL database could take *days* to do from scratch, and even worse on older hardware. So if for some reason, they had to turn off search... it may be a bitch to get it back on.

Still, it's not more than a few days' work to stand up a separate server, do some lucene/solr-fu on it, and *blammo*, magic awesome search.

• Members

The reason I want search is so I can poke through Classified easily
;)
The Goog would be better than nothing, but not help with filtering/sorting much.

It's just kinda funny, 'cuz it's not something that should be broken.

The only thing I could think of is that there's some custom hacks in vbulletin that have busted the search? :|

Then again, fulltext indexing on a mySQL database could take *days* to do from scratch, and even worse on older hardware. So if for some reason, they had to turn off search... it may be a bitch to get it back on.

Still, it's not more than a few days' work to stand up a separate server, do some lucene/solr-fu on it, and *blammo*, magic awesome search.

Again.

Please don't mention the search.

Bad things, very bad things.

Archived