Bruce Springsteen? Really?

DaveAronow

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I've lost a fair amount of respect for you Dave, with your repeated insistance that you can tell Bruce is a working-class poseuer. Anyone who's ever met the man or who has had the opportunity to see him in concert will testify as to his sincerity

He's 100% real: in this age of over-processed commercial product & product placement, I understand that it's hard to believe . . .

• Members

It amazes me how many real artists get dissed by so many, yet comic book characters like Kiss or Madonna get so much love.

To each his own I guess.

yipes.. your poking at a figure of Idol Worship..

not madonna but Kiss..

the army will be sure to come..

with their kitten makeup and fancy tranny bootz..

they be coming..

• Members

I've lost a fair amount of respect for you Dave, with your repeated insistance that you can tell Bruce is a
working-class
poseuer
. Anyone who's ever met the man or who has had the opportunity to see him in concert will testify as to his sincerity

He's 100% real: in this age of over-processed commercial product & product placement, I understand that it's hard to believe . . .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AduIo0iHGDE&feature=related

Yes!!!

Thats it!! "Working class poseuer".

That is the phrase I was looking for.

Thanks. :thu:

• Members

He comes from working class stock, thats pretty much fact.
If he had not chosen music as a path, been dedicated to his craft, and had a good bit of luck, he would still be.
I think its pretty evident from his songs that he realizes that.
Did he (with help from Landau) hit on a "formula" with characters and themes that speak to the concerns, hopes, dreams, of the "working man"?
Sure. And he admits as much in the interviews I've read where he comments on his work.
What makes Bruce so good is dedication to his craft.
He puts 110% into the shows. He's always writing a song, every day.
Van Zant says he carries around an album in his head at all times, and thats got to be true given his output.
I mean how many artists stumble upon a fav artist on hard times, and produce not one, but 2, new albums for the guy and write 75% of the material for it in less than a year? All the while maintaining and progressing his own career.Pretty darn good stuff too.

clubsoulcity_alb-otl.jpg

gary%2Bus%2Bbonds%2Bdedication.jpg

• Members

There is a trend in American thinking that because someone has made some money that they then are automatically hypocrites if they say or do anything that goes against the "system". You know...this illogical argument always comes up when people talk about Michael Moore, Rage Against the Machine, or someone like Bruce.

If raising the consciousness of people makes them some money than good for them. They didn't choose to be born into this system, and they are not wrong for calling out it's faults even when they make a living from it.

And funny how there is so much criticism for people like that but these same people never criticize the real money grubbing scum bag corporate whores and their government lackeys. As if some how these musicians and film makers are a BIGGER problem than companies like BP, and their government lobbyists...lol.

• Members

One other thing: how ya'all 'splain all the hundreds of other artists who want him or his band members on their albums. How many big name acts have covered his material? The list of folks would rival any music hall of fame.
I guess they are just fooled by a no talent, phoney working class poser.

• Members
yipes.. your poking at a figure of Idol Worship..

not madonna but Kiss..

the army will be sure to come..

with their kitten makeup and fancy tranny bootz..

they be coming..

:lol:

I was thinking the same thing.

A lot of the same people who put down Bruce are most likely Kiss fans or lovers of some other dumbed down band.

Do they have any credibility? I think not!

• Members

I am not a big fan never went to one of his shows but I can make the same statement as the OP about a lot of bands like Metallica. Metallica Really? Megadeath, Really? Kiss, Really? Yes Virginia not everyone can like all bands, we are individuals with different tastes. I think we get it you don't like Springsteen, big deal.

Max

Archived