For the Hendrix Buffs out there...

AliveTilDawn

• Members

will come out soon on DVD in high quality, according to rumors.

Would love this to be true. I might even be able to work out how he plays the bit after the drum solo in Stone Free (my favourite bit of guitar in the world ever).

• Members

I always thought that the G12H speakers were an integeral part of Hendrix's tone, that combined with a prickly bright amp and prickly bright strat. All of that combined is the musical equivalent of a karate chop-like sound :thu:

The oldschool Plexi trannys' are what give the sludgey-warmth :cool:

• Members
Hendrix's tone, a prickly bright amp and prickly bright strat

These 3 things don't match in your post. Most of the interpreters use this kind of bright tone, and I'm always wondering they have some hearing problems regarding the low end.

(Sorry, I was brainwashed with Hendrix vinyls at a very early age :))

• Members
These 3 things don't match in your post. Most of the interpreters use this kind of bright tone, and I'm always wondering they have some hearing problems regarding the low end.

(Sorry, I was brainwashed with Hendrix vinyls at a very early age
:)
)

Sounds like good parenting to me :thu:

• Members

Depending on lead length, and PU routing in your strat you can always try to flip/turn the pups to mimic the reverse strung sound. Which was a very big part of his overall tone. Even with his Gibby's you are still getting the flipped effect from the pups.

A stock strat and a Marshall will get you almost there alone...Talent unfortunately is not for sale!

Archived