Agile Reapers, Anyone????

awd83

• Members

One of my students just bought his second douglas. Rondo's prices are right, and the quality isn't terrible, but don't expect to be getting a Jackson RR5T Custom.

Agile is a few steps above SX and Douglas.

so if your looking at it that way, you would definitely be very surprised when you get your hands on am Agile.

• Members

re: the Reaper.

When my wife saw that one on their site, she said that she thought it looked cool... sooooo, chicks dig it? :idk:

I do think that the jack location is PERFECT for stage use, though. Plug it in, loop the cable through your strap, & you're set. I also agree with Lump that a fender-style jack plate would be even better :thu:

• Members

I don't know guys, I'm not trying to get a custom Jackson Randy Rhodes model here, but this looks a lot better than the $600 Jackson RR I saw at Guitar Center yesterday, and it has the jack in the same spot. I played it sitting down and all you do is center the inside v on your leg and tip it up a little bit. Where most v guitars have their jack is right where the body hits your leg when sitting, unless you lay it directly across your leg, then it slides everywhere.

Everyone raves about Agile LP's, so I figure at about half the price of a Jackson RR3, it may be comparable.

I was just hoping someone had played one and could tell me if it's as good or better than at least the Jackson JS32T at the same price. At least this one comes with a trem.

• Members

if i were to say, i'd put my money that these guys have better fret access than jackson Vs. i never understood why jackson never put a cutaway near their 20-24 frets.

after playing 4 different agiles, (ALs, PS924, Septor725, and a 2 other ALs, but count as one), i can say that this guitar would be superb. if i were to get one, i'd either get this:

http://www.rondomusic.com/reaperbc.html

or its counter part with dots on.

and from the one dean soltero i DO have, i would say that agiles quality is better than dean soltero, so you'd be getting a SUPERB guitar. guitar it. try it out for a few days or weeks or even up to a month. dont like it, then return it.

• Members

if i were to say, i'd put my money that these guys have better fret access than jackson Vs. i never understood why jackson never put a cutaway near their 20-24 frets.

after playing 4 different agiles, (ALs, PS924, Septor725, and a 2 other ALs, but count as one), i can say that this guitar would be superb. if i were to get one, i'd either get this:

http://www.rondomusic.com/reaperbc.html

Ditto on the cutout. My Washburn (another 'cheap' RR-style V you might want to consider) has GREAT upper fret access because of it:

4586328897_0c04224c7f_m.jpg

I'm not sure that i'd agree with soliloquy about the 'Black Chancery', though. I dig the two-tone look, but can't see spending an extra $300 just to get that, a set neck, and EMGs :idk:

• Members

Ditto on the cutout. My Washburn (another 'cheap' RR-style V you might want to consider) has GREAT upper fret access because of it:

4586328897_0c04224c7f_m.jpg

I'm not sure that i'd agree with soliloquy about the 'Black Chancery', though. I dig the two-tone look, but can't see spending an extra $300 just to get that, a set neck, and EMGs
:idk:

Yeah, I think I like the one I posted better, and I have to stay in a price range that the wifey will approve. The upside down crosses turn me off, too, but the two tone color is kinda sweet.

• Members

I've never played one of those before, but I gotta say, doesn't the poor input jack look a little lonely way the hell out there?

I wish my Reverend Volcano had the jack in that spot. It's the only spot that makes sense on a V if you want to loop your cable through the strap or use a wireless.

• Members

actually, there is another option via Peavey. they released a guitar a few years ago called Peavey Vortex EXP (or EX). they only released it for a few months and discontinued it. i had it, and it played incredible! and the added cut away really did help. it was a wonderful guitar. the paint was a bit weird, but everything about it was perfect. great floyd too. and the pickups were insane with great bite to them.

Archived