Like Malmsteen or not, this is so funny...

CoqBelliqueux

• Members

Pros: He can play fast. He gives no {censored}s and tosses around priceless goods. He has everything done the way HE wants it.

Cons: The way it sounds when he does play fast. He gives no {censored}s and tosses around priceless instruments. He has two hundred of the same {censored}ing guitar...

at least it was funny, tufnel tufnel tufnel

• Members
Well, he copied his entire look off of Ritchie Blackmore for starters then he does what he does. He thinks he is Mozart or something, spending 6K on guitars so he can throw them around "look how rich I am, I am so rock and roll I don't care...because I'm also a classical musician whose work will stand the test of time like Bach or Mozart..."
:rolleyes:

He's just a hair metal guitar player.
:bor:

Excuse me, and you are...?

• Members
Well, he copied his entire look off of Ritchie Blackmore for starters then he does what he does. He thinks he is Mozart or something, spending 6K on guitars so he can throw them around "look how rich I am, I am so rock and roll I don't care...because I'm also a classical musician whose work will stand the test of time like Bach or Mozart..."

He's just a hair metal guitar player.
:bor:

I admit I can't stand that fat {censored} but the video was cool! Also funny is when he tries to "negotiate" when he buys the guitar he throws into the back of his Rolls.
:lol:

Hand the man a donut. It was a fun video!
:thu:

• Members
"good" at what? He's a complete poseur.

436.jpg

The guy hasn't written ONE decent song ever.
:confused:

On his website he refers to himself as "a Dionysian, guitar-shredding god"

:facepalm:

Well then, you have to admit, he's a good poseur.

I just happen to believe that despite not being overly enamoured by what he does, I think as a technician and master of his craft (fast technical lead guitar playing) he is a master.

Simple as that.

I can understand people not liking his music, but to criticise his playing just seems a bit daft to me..he is truly excellent at what he does, and could blow me away with one hand tied behind his back.

Not that that matters... Tell me why he ISN'T a fantastic guitarist in your opinion, bearing in mind that not liking something is a purely subjective thing and in no way means that that thing is not good.

The man can articulate musically at speeds faster than we can think, and seems to rarely, if ever, get it wrong. His knowledge of scales and modes and how to apply that in a practical way are stunning.

Can anyone seriously tell me that, in his field, he isn't "right up there"?

• Members

Well-
technical perfection has little or nothing to do with musicality
He can't play music on his guitar, only technical exercises
Therefore he = fail
It's like the kid that can shoot freethrows from half court when he is in practice, but in a game, he can't get the ball over the defenders, he can't pass, and he racks up no points. Does that make him a good basketball player?

• Members
Well-

technical perfection has little or nothing to do with musicality

He can't play music on his guitar, only technical exercises

Therefore he = fail

It's like the kid that can shoot freethrows from half court when he is in practice, but in a game, he can't get the ball over the defenders, he can't pass, and he racks up no points. Does that make him a good basketball player?

Yeah, but it's only your opinion that what he does is not music.

I disagree.

People have said it to me about Punk as well...it's like saying that Johnny Ramone or Steve Jones are/were no good in their field, which is obviously daft.

A lot of Malmsteens stuff sounds musical to me, and I dont like it that much!

And I'm genuinely interested.

In the Metal/hard rock field, who is better in your opinion?

• Members

Common elements of music are pitch (which governs melody and harmony), rhythm (and its associated concepts tempo, meter, and articulation), dynamics, and the sonic qualities of timbre and texture.

So I guess if you just hit ONE of those- it's music. So that 3 year old banging away on that toy piano in this wonderfully subjective world = "AS GOOD" as Yngwie- so there you have it! If everyone is "AS GOOD" as everyone else, then why elevate yourself to "GOD" status like he has :confused: Oh, it's because he's a POSEUR. :thu:And why make claims that he is "good" in his field, since that's just an opinion it can in no way be based in "fact" - so what's the point? Yngwie is AS GOOD as the 3 year old banging on the piano. There you have it!

ChildPiano.jpg

• Members
On his website he refers to himself as "a Dionysian, guitar-shredding god"

That's pretty accurate to me, he's a monumental powerhouse at distorted guitar. A totally unique, passionate and intense musician that blows me away and inspires me at the same time. He's himself and he knows it. :D

He's one of the few guitarists I like that I would gladly go out to dinner with, "meet your idol"-style.

{censored}. :facepalm:

• Members

He is a good player and there is a market for what he does (typically 20-40 year old male guitarists). I saw him open for Dio in the 80's and while a good technician he quickly lost the crowd while playing his 12 minute rendition of Paginini's 9th concerto (or whatever) on a Strat through a blazing wall of Marshalls. To get the crowds attention he played a refrain from VH's Eruption and the crowd went ape{censored}. He then went then went back to a barrage of 1/132 notes and lost the crowd again. As a young budding guitarist I was impressed but I have to admit it did bore me by about 30 minute mark.

At the end of his set he came out all by himself and did a solo bow (sans band) to a yawning group of admitted Dio (RIP) fans which I found rather arrogant. I never really made an attempt to go see him again (or buy any of his records) but I can say that I did see him.

He was skinny back then as well and wore a really nice poofy pirate shirt.

• Members

"I got the idea for scalloped neck from a 17th century lute." Sure it wasn't your obsession with Ritchie Blackmore, Yngwie?

he just says stuff like that because it pisses people off. Why doesnt anyone get his sense of humor? Hes fookin hilarious.

He also says scalloping makes it harder to play fast because you have to press down harder.

Messing with the media is something Blackmore did as well...hmm coincidence?

• Members

he just says stuff like that because it pisses people off. Why doesnt anyone get his sense of humor? Hes fookin hilarious.

He also says scalloping makes it harder to play fast because you have to press down harder.

Messing with the media is something Blackmore did as well...hmm coincidence?

I bet Blackmore was his father figure.

Archived