Thinking of getting a hybrid electric/acoustic

Lump

• Members

I've found a used Godin LGX (see pic) for 449.

I've seen a Parker PM24V new might be a bit more.

I've seen some Michael Kelly Hybirds (with two double coils, not the on dc version) that I might get around 500 if I'm patient for a used or factory second.

I really don't want to go more than 500, so I know in most cases I'll be looking used.

Which would you pick and why, or what alternative would you suggest. I'm tempted to just have a piezo system installed in one of my guitars I own, but I'm clueless about those and have no confidence in anyone local to do the work.

I really just want to stay away from anything with a 1 5/8's inch nut, just too narrow. I know the Godin is wider than that, and I think the parker is, can't seem to find anything on the Kelly. Not really concerned with getting a flashy guitar, just want something decent.

• Members

Hamer Duotone. The imports aren't made anymore, but if you find them used, they will be under your $500 mark. Due to the spruce tops and the acoustic style bridge, I've always thought they had the most convincing acoustic tones out of any hybrid I've played.

• Members

Some different takes on the subject.

Godin 5th Avenue with Johnny Smith style pickup. Add a transducer and you're there.

3521415720_b84e6fb4f9_o-3.jpg

Yamaha AEX500. Mini humbucker plus piezo bridge.

DSC02812-1.jpg

EG

I gotta say, I love pretty much everything Godin does. They are just really well thought out, nicely produced guitars. I'm leaning in the LGX or maybe a Solidac direction. They are a bit pricey new, but the used stuff really just seems to be a bargain. That Godin 5th Ave is sweet looking.

• Members

NICE acoustic tone, where do they sell them on line, I'm not finding much?

I'm fairly certain that they're discontinued.

I do know that some people picked those up on the cheap when MF blew out their remaining stock.

I believe that you'll have to wait for one to pop up on eBay.

Archived