Three Cheers for Guitar Center

clay sails

• Members

Yup, locations are varied as far as employee quality goes. The two biggest things I hate are 1. the idiots who insist on playing enter sandman out of tune over and over, and 2. Saying that all those guitars with scuffs, scratches and missing parts are BRAND NEW... not DEMO's, like they really are.

The one that is closest to me obviously has a management issue, I wont set foot in there to save my life. Instead, I'll drive the extra 50 miles to the one that has had the same employees for ages....

The few m&p's near me are WAY overpriced.... 35.00 for a set of Ernie Ball bass strings.. 80.00 for a 20.00 gig bag type stuff.....

• Members

As someone who lives 90 miles from the closest GC, I love them. The only music store we have out here is ran by an absolute jerk who treats you like dirt, and prices freaking $300 ibanez's at $1000+. GC is a thousand times better than that. At least the employees there know the difference between a neck pup and a bridge pup.

• Members

I must be in the minority...I have had mostly good experiences at guitar center..

Here in St louis guitar center prices are much lower prices than the smaller stores prices..

The only thing that really bothers me about guitar center is what the offer on trade in gear it is absolutely ridiculous.

But the employees know it also and even suggest you sell your gear outright instead of trading it in...

I also agree that the employees are less than knowledgeable but that really doesn't other me because i do my research before buying anything guitar related...

• Members

There's a GC north of me in Englewood and south of me in Colorado Springs. The GC to the north has a professional staff. The one to the south is staffed with ignorant young people. The shopping experience is dramatically different between those two stores!

• Members

There isn't much price difference between GC and the smaller local stores.Fot the most part,I go to Ben Jacks music,where I've been doing buisness for years.For the most part,Guitar Center doesn't have what I need.I know the assistant manager there,only because he was a salesman from another music store before GC.I want to go to a place where I don't have to be blasted by some body playing metal on a Marshall stack.This seems to happen every weekend,and week nights.

• Members

What happened to the great sales they used to have like the
"Buy one get one free" sale on Rickenbacker 325c58's

34021cfe.jpg

Of couse,Rickenbacker wasn't too happy about that sale. That is why you'll never see new Rickenbackers at Guitar Center again.

• Members

GC would be great if it weren't for their clueless employees and high prices... :poke:

YMMV I guess

^this.

but im glad some folks actually have something nice to say about them. op obviously doesn't live in these parts.

• Members

I have yet to have a bad experience with guitar center. Their return policy was reason enough for me to buy there. They have always been helpful if I needed it, didn't get all over you.... perhaps you remember the sleeze ball way music stores were before guitar center showed up? ever try returning things to those creeps? Or like noted, even playing some of the equipment?

Archived